Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Moonrock carpets in a dark interior

burnercan

burnercan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Our recently delivery 3 seat Beach has what I believe is a lovely black interior. While Mrs. B agreed that the black seats were the way to go, now that we have it she finds it a bit on the dark side. With the blue tent up, the inside can be described as somber.

We're considering some Moonrock carpets from Brandrup to brighten it up a bit throughout. On the Brandrup site there are examples of dark carpets in a light interior, like the pic below, but not the other way round.

756.jpg

Has anyone got Moonrock carpets installed in a black interior and could post some pics?

I'm not so sure how it will look and we all know how expensive they are.

Last edited:
Our recently delivery 3 seat Beach has what I believe is a lovely black interior. While Mrs. B agreed that the black seats were the way to go, now that we have it she finds it a bit on the dark side. With the blue tent up, the inside can be described as somber.

We're considering some Moonrock carpets from Brandrup to brighten it up a bit throughout. On the Brandrup site there are examples of dark carpets in a light interior but not the other way round.

756.jpg

Has anyone got Moonrock carpets installed in a black interior and could post some pics?

This won’t help much but here is mine. Light carpets but a light interior in an Indium Grey Cali.

24d53f73e639368cfa40d80964ca136a.jpg

Mike

This won’t help much

Every little bit helps :) I see you've had them a while. Have they stood up well? And are they actually grey or beige..? I know they call it Moonrock 'grey', but the pictures always look beige to me..

Every little bit helps I see you've had them a while. Have they stood up well? And are they actually grey or beige..? I know they call it Moonrock 'grey', but the pictures always look beige to me..

They match all the other stuff called Moonrock. They are high quality, I treated them myself with a standard carpet product before putting them in and spills wipe off well. We are though pretty careful, no dogs, shoes off etc.

Mike

If you don't necessarily want Brandrup quality and price (and dullness), at QTM, you can choose from loads of colours and edge combinations, for 1/3rd of the price.

Last edited:

We're considering some Moonrock carpets from Brandrup to brighten it up a bit throughout. On the Brandrup site there are examples of dark carpets in a light interior but not the other way round.

756.jpg

Looks great as it is - great contrast and really stylish - I got the light brandrup carpets but use a mat over the top to save the dirt - loving yours and wish I had done the same TBH : )

If you don't necessarily want Brandrup quality and price (and dullness), at QTM, you can choose from loads of colours and edge combinations, for 1/3rd of the price.

I see that QTM offers several different densities of carpet. Any idea which would be comparable to the Brandrup product?

I did the world’s dullest video comparing the two. I’ll see I can find it here. The middle of the range is the most popular, with caveats about the fine detailing, but not the price.

We're looking out for carpet for ours but I can't quite reconcile having to have three slots cut in for the seat runners (and we only need two). Don't you get crumbs and sand etc finding it's way underneath and inside the runners?

At present we've just got a doormat from Dunelm that covers most of the area, and roll it up or fold it over wen the seat goes forward.

We're looking out for carpet for ours but I can't quite reconcile having to have three slots cut in for the seat runners (and we only need two). Don't you get crumbs and sand etc finding it's way underneath and inside the runners?

At present we've just got a doormat from Dunelm that covers most of the area, and roll it up or fold it over wen the seat goes forward.
1. You can get 2 slot carpet versions from QTM
2. QTM middle quality allow the undersea draw, on the SE/Ocean, to open easily.
3. The " SLOTs " are not runners in fact. The seat has wheels that run on the aluminium strips on the top of the " SLOTs ". the Locking mechanism runs within the " SLOT " and takes up about 1/2 the vertical height of the " SLOT ". You would need an awful lot of dust/sand/breadcrumbs to fall down the SLOT to cause any problems.

After 3 years use with slotted carpets I bought a fine adapter for our vacuum cleaner that fitted into the slot and vacuumed both slots. Dust/sand/etc collected - about a teaspoon worth. Don't worry about it.

at QTM, you can choose from loads of colours and edge combinations

So I contacted QTM and they told me that a 3 seat Beach version for the pax compartment is not available at present. Said that they are waiting for a set to copy so no eta either. So my search continues. Thanks for the info though :)

1. You can get 2 slot carpet versions from QTM
2. QTM middle quality allow the undersea draw, on the SE/Ocean, to open easily.
3. The " SLOTs " are not runners in fact. The seat has wheels that run on the aluminium strips on the top of the " SLOTs ". the Locking mechanism runs within the " SLOT " and takes up about 1/2 the vertical height of the " SLOT ". You would need an awful lot of dust/sand/breadcrumbs to fall down the SLOT to cause any problems.

After 3 years use with slotted carpets I bought a fine adapter for our vacuum cleaner that fitted into the slot and vacuumed both slots. Dust/sand/etc collected - about a teaspoon worth. Don't worry about it.
We have to have the 3 slot because the Cali came with 3, although we haven’t got the 5th seat. I thought we may be able to use the 2 slot carpets but apparently the seat jams on them because they are slightly proud. Thanks for the info about the slots/wheels, won’t worry so much when the granddaughter brings buckets of sand in!

Not sure if my carpets are Moonrock because they came with the Cali which I bought used - but this may help?
13221023_1373118662705594_2680649236364478673_n.jpg

However, I found it very gloomy with the black 'leisure room' attached to the awning - but I don't think that was anything to do with the interior, just that it cut out an awful lot of light! I don't use it now and it's one thing less to carry.

We decided to go ahead and try the Brandrup Moonrock carpet for our black interior. We're quite happy with how it breaks up the dark a bit. The copilot also is making noise now about getting the matching one for the cockpit too. After reading so many rave reviews about how perfect a fit these Brandrup carpets are, I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed for such a price. I'm sure they will flatten out more with time, but even in such a wide shot you can see how the fit isn't fabulous along the left side. All in all though, very happy with the result.

Voilà. It's quite a difference.

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

I think that's just rucked up where it hasn't slid under the trim properly, mine does that sometimes.

Back