Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

More questions

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
1 Can we keep the fridge on while driving
2 Is the leisure (habitation battery) charged again as we drive
3 No instructions as to how to clean canvas on pop up roof, what is the best way?

Happy Easter Everyone

E&H

1: Yes you can

2: Yes it is

3: No idea, was flippantly going to suggest driving through a car wash with the roof up but I posted something similar on another forum and someone did :shocked

3: No idea, was flippantly going to suggest driving through a car wash with the roof up but I posted something similar on another forum and someone did :shocked

Agree with above, never washed or reproofed roof canvas, rain seems to do a good job

John

Great stuff, am sure good old soap and water will do the job!

I tried to remove a mark once now it looks bloody stupid with a nice clean round patch. Wish I hadn't bothered.

If the canvas is dirty , let it dry , brush the dust or sand off with a soft handbrush.
No more no less .
As for waterproof VW says NO spraying of any product needed ....if the Cali is new!
But was told that afther some years or intense use , you actually better do spray a waterproof impregnant on it ( like the ones for tent)

Last edited:
I agree with " hotel California T5 ". If you use a waterproofing product, and I see no reason why you cannot, then you have to choose carefully. You need a product that maintains the flexibility of the canvas.

If the canvas is dirty , let it dry , brush the dust or sand off with a soft handbrush.
No more no less .
As for waterproof VW says NO spraying of any product needed ....if the Cali is new!
But was told that afther some years or intense use , you actually better do spray a waterproof impregnant on it ( like the ones for tent)
Thank you

We used fabsil in a grey tin, worked a treat on our 2006 roof canvas.

Back