Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beginners questions

D

dboland

Hi,

I was hoping some one could help me and answer a few beginners questions!

Does the awning come with support legs in the 2012 California or are they an optional extra as mine didn't come with them?

When you plug into an electrical hook up does it automaticly switch from battery to mains?

We used it last weekend for the first time and only using lights we had the battery display reading only 60% within four hours is that normal or do I need to maually change to the leisure battery?

Any suggestions on which mattress is best value/fit for downstairs bed?

Thanks very much

Diarmaid

Hi mate welcome to the club
I will try and answer a few of your questions
First all wind out awnings should have legs they are tucked up out of the way under the flap
Were you not shown this on handover?
As soon as you plug into the mains it will take over from the batteries also when plugged in it will charge both your leisure batteries and if you have a facelift Cali it will also trickle charge your van battery as well :lol:
It is not uncommon for the battery indicator to go down to 60% try charging it up from the mains at home for 24 hours before you go away vw recommend you do this about once a month

As for the mattress Try here viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1149

Hi there

I won't normally disagree with siteadmin but...

The Cali does not switch to mains automatically. You have to switch it over. There is a electrical consumer box in the rear cupboard. You have to switch this to the on position before it uses make the switch. You can see on your camper control unit if it has by looking at the battery symbol.

I hope this helps

Don't worry michael I need putting in my place every now and then :rofl :rofl
Your quite right you need to switch the consumer unit on in the rear cupboard.
I never switch mine off :thumb

Think you will find that apart from being able to use the 13amp socket on hook up that nothing switches over. You are still using the batteries but the charger is using the mains to enable it to do so.

That's brilliant thanks for all your help answering my questions its much appreciated..

Unfortunately I didn't get a proper hand over as the sales man was off sick and the chap covering for Him didn't know anything about the Calidfornia!

Diarmaid