Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MOT and CoronaVirus

Victor

Victor

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I was booked in for MOT on Friday, I have just tried to call dealer to find out what I do and there is no answer. I am assuming all dealers and service departments are now closed ? Can I drive with no MOT ?

I was booked in for MOT on Friday, I have just tried to call dealer to find out what I do and there is no answer. I am assuming all dealers and service departments are now closed ? Can I drive with no MOT ?
Drive? Where?

This was on my mind too. Mines due in a few weeks, what to do!?
Also no mot how do you tax your vehicle?

It looks like Volkswagen made the closure decision before last night's announcement as all VW dealers down here appear to have closed from 6pm last night, including Breeze in Poole.
26713574d996adb003d83ed190d8fcf5.jpg

To buy food and to get to work as I'm a key worker !!!
Ok, I get it. I wonder if, having booked an appointment, the police might accept that, by driving around before the test Centre is open, that you are on your way there?

Clark Commercials (many VW centres in Scotland) email states ‘some’ workshops would still be open for MOT’s as these have not yet been suspended by the gov.

Another garage nearby is offering pick up / drop off and payment not by cash / cheque.

So should be possible to get an MOT, for now at least. Question may be where...

SNOWS has also closed down for MOT's. My small local guy has also closed. I could not have booked mine in earlier as you can only do it a month in advance.
According to my local guy he says they will probably be relaxed about it.

The authorities will know the difficulty it will cause so will obviously have to come up with a temporary solution.

Meanwhile I will continue installing my DIY Solar and giving it a major clean.
Remember
'KEEP CALM AND CALI ON'
:rolleyes:haha I just made that up.

If they stop you and make a fuss about your insurance and MOT, just ask them how and where you can get your van MOT'ed?
Tell them you drive with it, and don't find anything wrong with it, so for you it's a pass.
If they can offer you a solution, you'd be happy to take it with both hands, if they don't, they must let you drive like this.
Mine's not due to august, so I hope things will work out on that date.

Could get interesting if insurance companies are closed and people are unable to renew insurance, especially if it’s a multi car policy..... oh uh, that’s me, renewal due in a few weeks :headbang

If they stop you and make a fuss about your insurance and MOT, just ask them how and where you can get your van MOT'ed?
Tell them you drive with it, and don't find anything wrong with it, so for you it's a pass.
If they can offer you a solution, you'd be happy to take it with both hands, if they don't, they must let you drive like this.
Mine's not due to august, so I hope things will work out on that date.

Sorry I have to say it, that's utter garbage. It is an offence to have a vehicle on a public road without an MOT (unless driving to a pre-booked test appointment), and telling a police officer that "I drive with it and don't find anything wrong with it" would probably get you a ticket just for crass stupidity if nothing else.

I gather the government is considering a waiver for MOTs (as they have already done for trucks and buses) but until they do, the law is the law.

Driving without insurance is an even more serious offence and I would assume the police will always prosecute uninsured drivers.

My MOT was booked with VW Loughton this week and they are part of Marshall's who have also closed. I don't have to drive it, but it is parked on the road, with nowhere for me to SORN it. MOT run's out Thursday. I suspect the government will have to suspend MOTs for cars etc and just for HGVs soon.

Then you will have to stop driving with it, and find other transport to go to work.

Driving without an MOT will also invalidate your insurance

My local MOT centre is still open, you will be able to get an MOT but probably not at a VW garage.

My work van was booked for mot on moandy but had to be cancelled due to us self isolating. Not sure what my fleet department is going to do as the mot runs out on the 31 March. I’m on call from the 4th of April for emergency gas breakdowns not that I can fix much as the suppliers are shut for spare boiler parts

Garages are allowed to stay open according to the list published. I guess it their choice if they want to close. There will have to be official guidance as there has been for HGVs (which are all insured although in a different way).

Got our car MOT'd this morning at one of those In and Out Autocentres - they were calling around customers with appointments as everyone assumed they had closed!

There is mixed messages, garages are on the list for staying open but my wife's MOT on Monday has been cancelled and my next door neighbour was rang by the local Toyota garage to say 'if you want your car, come and collect it now because we are closing'.

The Government is supposedly looking into it, maybe they will do the same as Northern Ireland a couple of months back when all MOT stations stopped doing MOT's because of unsafe lifting ramps. They basically turned a blind eye until they could correct their situation.

My son is body shop technician, he is still working as he is providing an essential service, according to his company. I would have thought MOT testing was more important.

News tonight said MOT stations should be open

Breeze have announced they’re closing yet our local cr@p dealer in Cardiff emailed to say they were staying open for MOTs and servicing, so that people offering support and emergency services could keep their vans on the road. Hats off to them for a change.

Back