Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MOT failure, wiring problem, need advice

C

chrislilp

Lifetime VIP Member
I have a 2009 California T5 and it's failed the MOT on the near side indicator repeater in the wing not working. First fail in 15 years of ownership.

I thought this would be an easy fix, changed the bulb, but still nothing.
There is no power at the bulb socket so it's a wiring issue.

The wire from the bulb goes into the wing, forward and into the inner wing somewhere under the battery.
Does anyone know where this wire connects to the loom? I need to trace it back to see why there's no power at the bulb.

Thanks for your help or any suggestions.
Chris

Last edited:
I know it's stating the obvious, but have you checked any relevant fuses before you get into tracing wires everywhere? Also, if the back of the bulb holder has visible metal connections you can get a multimeter probe into, I'd do that and see if anything registers to rule out the bulb holder itself being the problem.

Thanks for your suggestions. I've tried the multimeter in the bulbholder and there's no power. I tested the other side repeater and it was registering fine, so only the near side isn't working. All other nearside indicators work fine so I wouldn't think the repeater has a seperate fuse, but I will check in my manual. On other vehicles I've had if a bulb goes but all the others are fine then the indicator normally flashes very quickly to show there's a fault, but on my Cali all the other indicators are working as they should.

Back