Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Motorhome WiFi, iBoost

Let me know how you get on, would be interested if you manage to get the rocket working without the router. I wrote to mediatek to ask for a driver, didnt get a response yet.

Used it at the weekend for an hour or so without any issues for a hotspot I couldnt see from my tablet without the router. Pretty happy for the price.

How did you power the router? It seems to come with a mains adaptor that outputs 12v, but the cigarette adaptor that Solwise site is suggesting is only 9v.

Thanks

I bought a 12v adapter from Solwise for 3quid that converts it to 9v but I was on hookup last time so haven't tested it.

I bought a 12v adapter from Solwise for 3quid that converts it to 9v but I was on hookup last time so haven't tested it.

Same adaptor that it's suggesting to me. I definitely need something I can power when not on hook up.

Seems strange that they are suggesting this adaptor. Perhaps the adaptor output is on the high side of 9v or perhaps the router doesn't need 12v.

Works fine from the adapter
f5e8a2279561b8e4df6bd79de9ee2d21.jpg

Just using my Motorhome WiFi Boost for the first time, working really well and considering what an IT numpty I am then it must be fool proof :thumb

Works fine from the adapter
f5e8a2279561b8e4df6bd79de9ee2d21.jpg
I've got the Rocket and Solwise router and using it for first time on-site tonight, with the cigarette adaptor. Works well, though can't solve the over loaded site WiFi.

Parts arrived and we have spend hours trying to get the buggers to work :headbang

The router works fine, the nano works fine, they both light up, connect together and link up and I can scan wifi networks and join them and have good reception but no matter what we try it just won't connect to the internet:headbang:headbang

Any ideas?

Hi - thread resurrection! Just wondered how the nano and the router are working out for you now. I’m looking at both of these and just wondered how reliable they are together and what the overall reception is like?

Thanks

You need to set the nanostation up as a router, and the mikrotik as a bridge. That's how I did mine and it seems to work ok. If you struggle, send me a pm and I'll try and send you some screenshots. Unfortunately I'm really busy on the campsite just now so you'll have to bear with me for a reply.
Hi Rich i have just purchased the Mikrotik RBmAP2nD & the Ubiquiti Nanostation Loco M2

https://www.eurodk.com/en/products/rb951/routerboard-map-2nD

https://www.eurodk.com/en/products/cpe/nanostation-loco-m2
and i cannot get them to work , would you be able to share your settings with me please :)