Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MPH digital speedo

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi everyone, I had my MOT done today and while there I asked the VW van centre if they could change the digital speedo that reads KPH to MPH. It was the small digital speedo that’s under the fuel tank range that I wanted changing. When I got in the Cali there was a large digital speedo on my cluster. I can’t remember ever seeing this. Has anyone else got this? The only problem is that the actual speedo I wanted changing was the small one so I can still see the fuel range. I got charged £30 plus vat for this but not too sure if the large speedo was there before but I never found it. The toggle for this can be found in settings and Alt.speed dis. Tick it and you get large speedo and un tick it and it goes to small digital speedo and other info like fuel range.
Thanks for any replies

038A10D1-7D18-4DA0-AB75-C2A55FBE5689.jpeg

37625ABE-C757-4627-8968-88CDD810E6CC.jpeg

5CE64C26-25F6-4D88-9F91-3C1A279F09BA.jpeg

7D59E37C-A336-4F1C-A4F5-2D8B30038919.jpeg

FAE24400-D3D0-44E4-AF0F-583440989E15.jpeg

7F23010E-7CAB-49E7-A450-BFCCB84F36C0.jpeg

Hi everyone, I had my MOT done today and while there I asked the VW van centre if they could change the digital speedo that reads KPH to MPH. It was the small digital speedo that’s under the fuel tank range that I wanted changing. When I got in the Cali there was a large digital speedo on my cluster. I can’t remember ever seeing this. Has anyone else got this? The only problem is that the actual speedo I wanted changing was the small one so I can still see the fuel range. I got charged £30 plus vat for this but not too sure if the large speedo was there before but I never found it. The toggle for this can be found in settings and Alt.speed dis. Tick it and you get large speedo and un tick it and it goes to small digital speedo and other info like fuel range.
Thanks for any replies

View attachment 109823

View attachment 109824

View attachment 109825

View attachment 109826

View attachment 109827

View attachment 109828
They have changed Country to Australia and selected Miles so you get the big mph numerals. You cannot change the small kph .

Ok I’m assuming they did this with plugging the Cali into a machine of some sort or can it be done by a changing settings somehow? I don’t mind paying £30 if they had to plug it in a machine to sort it. Why can’t the small KPH be changed to MPH?

Ok I’m assuming they did this with plugging the Cali into a machine of some sort or can it be done by a changing settings somehow? I don’t mind paying £30 if they had to plug it in a machine to sort it. Why can’t the small KPH be changed to MPH?
Done using VW computer system or you can do it with Carista.

Ok Mr Welshgas that’s good then. Why can’t they do the small KPH?

So did I have the Alt.speed dis option in my settings before I had this done or is this what they have added to my settings?

Back