Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My first questions

S

spitzie

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
OK I've only had the Cali for 54 hours but I have some questions, but I could find the answer using the forum search.

How do you move the bed extension out the way, without removing it completely? Can it be attached to the rear bench seat?
The manual says there is alt speed dis setting option on the MFD, but not on mine. I have the speed show in km/h.
The levels for the fridge and heating, does anybody have a scale for the settings as a temperature offset from the ambient I.e. fridge level2 is -5 Celsius from ambient?

Thanks for any advice

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Welcome ,
the rear shelf can be placed in upward position by using the support underneeth , not all the way up doh
Themperatur setting on both the fridge and the aux heater are very hard to put in scale terms ....just use it and find out whats best for your needs.

:welcome

1. For the standheater '1' is a good setting to start with if outside is not below -5 deg celsius,highest settings usefull for speedy defrost the car in the morning or if you want a sauna in the cali ;).
2. For the fridge 3 or 4 is a good setting to start with. Beware however in wintertime it may not cool down as expected because it is a compressor fridge : it is not functioning at its best when ambient temperature is below +10 deg celcius.

3. You can set the speed to mph on the mfd , just go through all settings it must be there . I don't have the manual at hand. It takes some time to discover all settings in a cali.

Last edited:
OK I've only had the Cali for 54 hours but I have some questions, but I could find the answer using the forum search.

How do you move the bed extension out the way, without removing it completely? Can it be attached to the rear bench seat?
The manual says there is alt speed dis setting option on the MFD, but not on mine. I have the speed show in km/h.
The levels for the fridge and heating, does anybody have a scale for the settings as a temperature offset from the ambient I.e. fridge level2 is -5 Celsius from ambient?

Thanks for any advice

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Fridge - Level 5 keeps a temperature of about 3-5c mid basket in an ambient temperature of 30c +. Well it does on mine.
Normally find that Level 4 is adequate during winter months.
There is no conversion chart as it is very variable. Most people get a fridge thermometer.

When touring during summer months I don't rely to much on hookup (unless necessary) and find I can get by on setting 2 on my fridge

Alan

It seems like the manual covers items that may not be standard in the UK, the alt speed is one such setting. You can dive into the on-board computer to change some options, but you need either VCDS cables and software (expsive, unless you know someone with one) or Caista plug and app - this thread has more details on how to switch it on.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/posts/186912/

Back