Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My ideal VW California Beach for 2 adults and 1 child !!! (Pictures)

Need more beds, here are several configurations (back beach, bench seat, and roof bed), up to how much can we sleep?IMG_1452.JPGIMG_1454.JPGIMG_1455.JPGIMG_1459.JPGIMG_1460.JPGIMG_1461.JPGIMG_1462.JPGIMG_1463.JPG

great photo blog of your set up a picture says a 1000 words nice to see a Beach set up for full on family action:thanks

Hello Fred,
Sensationnelle!
You have certainly made use of every little piece of space. I must have another look at our Beach. Don't forget, you could store the odd baguette behind the table in the sliding door. Lovely photographs.

Last edited:
Hello Fred .Welcome .Great van photos and ideas . Lovely familly photo too.

Also dont forget the ikea tubs that fit in the 3 seat drawer space but are larger, I have one to try before I get another couple. :D

When the weather is really bad and you need to use the downstairs bed, how do you even manage to get undressed with three large bags and the kitchen pod in there? My biggest issue with our Beach is stuff laying arround on the floor. Our vanessa bags helped out really well. Its very hard to calculate how long the rear drawer on the runners shall be, we have about 1m long which is maximum with bench in sleeping position, so at daytime we have little place for an inside kitchen pod.
For me, crash security have kept me from keeping heavy items anywhere else but under the multiflex table.

Also dont forget the ikea tubs that fit in the 3 seat drawer space but are larger, I have one to try before I get another couple. :D
We remove the silly tubs, that way you can keep even more there. Especially nice since we dont move the bench between sleep and day mode.

When the weather is really bad and you need to use the downstairs bed, how do you even manage to get undressed with three large bags and the kitchen pod in there? My biggest issue with our Beach is stuff laying arround on the floor. Our vanessa bags helped out really well. Its very hard to calculate how long the rear drawer on the runners shall be, we have about 1m long which is maximum with bench in sleeping position, so at daytime we have little place for an inside kitchen pod.
For me, crash security have kept me from keeping heavy items anywhere else but under the multiflex table.
I use google translation to fully understand, but everything is not clear !!! First of all, bad weather, it never happened to me to the point of not lifting the roof. If need I have a cali-topper, and if disaster, you can sleep at 3 in the bottom bed! Now by positioning the suitcases on the back beach and putting them on the floor at the last moment, I can dress, and sleep at 2 and my daughter still finds her bed.

IMG_0688.PNG
I use google translation to fully understand, but everything is not clear !!! First of all, bad weather, it never happened to me to the point of not lifting the roof. If need I have a cali-topper, and if disaster, you can sleep at 3 in the bottom bed! Now by positioning the suitcases on the back beach and putting them on the floor at the last moment, I can dress, and sleep at 2 and my daughter still finds her bed.
After I do not understand the 1m issue? I have a 800 mm zipper for precision. As for safety, I have not yet done so, but my rear range can be fixed mechanically to the multiflex board. And there, no risk that the suitcases fly in the cockpit ... the kitchen pod and it very well to fix to the ground and the rail of the side wall, no risk. After all this is if the accident is not terrible either ..... I hope you understand !!!

View attachment 25235
After I do not understand the 1m issue? I have a 800 mm zipper for precision. As for safety, I have not yet done so, but my rear range can be fixed mechanically to the multiflex board. And there, no risk that the suitcases fly in the cockpit ... the kitchen pod and it very well to fix to the ground and the rail of the side wall, no risk. After all this is if the accident is not terrible either ..... I hope you understand !!!
The back beach is an ikea plank cut to the template ...

IMG_0689.PNG

I will try better:
In strong wind you sleep three in bottom bed, the floor is full of bags=you cant stand on the floor to get undressed etc.
We have the vanessa bags for the rear window. This is what fits into one bag:
i-8wpzMd7-XL.jpg

I will try better:
In strong wind you sleep three in bottom bed, the floor is full of bags=you cant stand on the floor to get undressed etc.
We have the vanessa bags for the rear window. This is what fits into one bag:
i-8wpzMd7-XL.jpg
Hello kave, I understood this passage and I replied in a previous message ... I do not understand when you talk about 1m !? All the rest is good I understood !!!!

Adding the child bed above the flexi board is a great idea for stealth camping without needing to put the roof up! Have you any pictures of the extra frame you've made to raise the child bed?

Salut Fred. Bienvenue et merci pour toutes les photos!
N'inquiète pas, ton anglais est très bien - et tu es courageux d'utiliser un forum d'augmenter ! Courage!!

Hi Fred! This is outstanding! Thxnkyou for posting such a useful set of pictures. Can I ask what is the fridge, the cooker and sink arrangements - what/who makes these? And also where did you get the sliding tray for under the rear seats that pulls out backwards?

Thanks Steve

Hi Fred! This is outstanding! Thxnkyou for posting such a useful set of pictures. Can I ask what is the fridge, the cooker and sink arrangements - what/who makes these? And also where did you get the sliding tray for under the rear seats that pulls out backwards?

Thanks Steve
Hello and thank you ! the cooler is a dometic CFX35 black edition. I realized the kitchen furniture myself by taking example on existing models on the internet. And for the sliding tray, I bought it on a German website. I give you several links:
https://www.svb24.com/en/cfx-35-special-edition-cooler.html
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/kitchen-pod-for-my-beach.18715/
https://shop.vwcamper.de/heckauszuege/

Back