Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My monkey has lost its thingy

calijomo

calijomo

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
89390AF4-6C75-4405-8969-C57FD5739186.jpeg
I’m not sure what you call the little nipple thing on the handle of the ridge monkey but mine has gone awol. Also have the bigger version of the ridge monkey and the same bit is loose. Is this by design or am I being unlucky?

View attachment 79984
I’m not sure what you call the little nipple thing on the handle of the ridge monkey but mine has gone awol. Also have the bigger version of the ridge monkey and the same bit is loose. Is this by design or am I being unlucky?
Lots of folk say just how good their customer service is.......drop them an email. Nothing to lose eh?

I have written twice about my melted connect sandwich toaster (the aluminium hinge melted on an open fire) but not got a reply :(

I have written twice about my melted connect sandwich toaster (the aluminium hinge melted on an open fire) but not got a reply :(
Would you not put that down to user error?
if the heat was sufficient to metal aluminium it was probably too hot to cook on, (aluminium melts at approx 600 degrees Celsius) therefore too hot to use a ridge monkey under reasonable conditions ?

Would you not put that down to user error?
if the heat was sufficient to metal aluminium it was probably too hot to cook on, (aluminium melts at approx 600 degrees Celsius) therefore too hot to use a ridge monkey under reasonable conditions ?

I'd accept that as an answer, just be nice to get a reply.

I am surprised that it melted though, I have cooked using ali cookware on open fires for years and never had any problems that couldn't be scrubbed off with a brillo. I was either unlucky and hit a "hot spot" or the melting point is well below that due to something like an unusual alloy.

Whenever I watch any You Tube vids on the Ridge Monkey, they always seem to stress "low heat". So maybe keep low heat and cook for longer. The food is always worth the wait.

Back