My New Normal

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Socially distancing Thursday with a trip to the sea 12 miles from home to take the air. Now with the gentle lifting of lockdown, we set up by 7 am for breakfast by the beach. Watched the tide go out and come back in. Off by early afternoon when it started to get a little too busy for me ( this would have been what we would have done in our old routine) HMS Queen Elizebeth off the Isle of Wight and birdlife. on the beach, I think if the situation remains as it is the Cali will come into its own enabling us owners enjoy our local spots in comfort. Having missed our 3-week trip to Scotland now I am planning days out in local spots near home but far enough away to take in the big outdoors. Public loo's closed so the pee bucket a must. Enjoy your van and new freedoms.
How are you using your van with you ability to use it a bit more in the UK?
hms qm.jpgsea.jpgtern.JPG

seaside.JPG

Last edited:
Socially distancing Thursday with a trip to the sea 12 miles from home to take the air. Now with the gentle lifting of lockdown, we set up by 7 am for breakfast by the beach. Watched the tide go out and come back in. Off by early afternoon when it started to get a little too busy for me ( this would have been what we would have done in our old routine) HMS Queen Elizebeth off the Isle of Wight and birdlife. on the beach, I think if the situation remains as it is the Cali will come into its own enabling us owners enjoy our local spots in comfort. Having missed our 3-week trip to Scotland now I am planning days out in local spots near home but far enough away to take in the big outdoors. Public loo's closed so the pee bucket a must. Enjoy your van and new freedoms.
How are you using your van with you ability to use it a bit more in the UK?
View attachment 59373View attachment 59374View attachment 59375

View attachment 59376
One of the best little beaches in the area! Used to be one of my “go to” windsurfing spots when I lived Up the road..... I do miss the Solent.

Very nice pics there meoncoast

One of my favourite spots has been coombe gibbet. Go, parkup, take a walk up the hill, come back, brew a cuppa tea, watch the sunset and the rolling hills and then drive back home.

This has been a lifesaver during the lockdown.
25d042bb423eef039a4b35000a9692f2.jpg

coombe gibbet.
Not been there for years remember going up the road near their in my real fiat 500 and my brother and mate had to get out so I could get up the hill!

Did the Combe Gibbet to Overton trail run a couple of times. The bus taking us to Combe Gibbet struggled to get round the hairpins.
Also a cycle sportive that went up there at 90 miles in, that was mean.
Hillhead just round from where the photos were taken was my default windsurfing location as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk