Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MY12 California Radio/RNS510 and Dashboard Type

S

Stu

Guest User
Does anyone have a late cali - MY12 - preferably with an RNS510 fitted who can help identify the dashboard for me please?

I'm trying to source an RNS510 and I have discovered there are a possibility of two dashboard styles - Normal or Comfort - which changes which type of RNS510 you need.

If it's the RNS510 I think / hope it is then it will be quite square fronted with the SD card to the left of the screen and 4 slots (2 top 2 bottom) for removal keys.

Thanks.

Not sure about different shaped RNS510 but the one I have fitted in my 2011 Cali was the most recent one when fitted last september.

11052012.jpg

quite square fronted with the SD card to the left of the screen and 4 slots (2 top 2 bottom) for removal keys.

As you can see from my picture your description does not match ! Mine is actually not square, despite looking square in the picture, top being approx 8mm wider than bottom. It is held into the dash by four screws beneath the surround trim.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Andy.

That looks like the more readily available unit. :thumb

Stu

I may be wrong but as I understand it in the UK we only get one type of dash with the T5 - the comfort dash is for the Euro Multivans which the full California is based upon - the Beach in Europe like the UK has the standard T5 dash.

We don't get the Comfort dash in the UK - which is a real shame as it is really nice - it's the one with the extra curved bit by the gearleaver - there's a pic in the owners manual.

James

Back