Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All singing, all dancing?

B

BuieBodach

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi. I'm looking to drag my 2007 T5 Cali SE into the 2020s by upgrading the audio and nav equipment. I've asked prolific (but good?) eBay seller Audio Tech Direct what they can offer and they've come back with their fandabbydozy 7" Android 10.0 Bluetooth GPS Sat Nav Radio DAB for VW Transporter T5 Caravelle, boasting more features than you can shake a dongle at, including hands-free phone, sat nav, reversing camera (as an extra), USB, SD, WiFi, etc etc, none of which is presently available. Does anyone have an experience of these units, and if so would they recommend them, or if not that, another one? Thanks! ATD head.JPGRadiohead.jpg

Looks like any double din head unit will fit in there, but for £230 definitely worth a punt.

Hi. I'm looking to drag my 2007 T5 Cali SE into the 2020s by upgrading the audio and nav equipment. I've asked prolific (but good?) eBay seller Audio Tech Direct what they can offer and they've come back with their fandabbydozy 7" Android 10.0 Bluetooth GPS Sat Nav Radio DAB for VW Transporter T5 Caravelle, boasting more features than you can shake a dongle at, including hands-free phone, sat nav, reversing camera (as an extra), USB, SD, WiFi, etc etc, none of which is presently available. Does anyone have an experience of these units, and if so would they recommend them, or if not that, another one? Thanks! View attachment 70560View attachment 70561
I have no idea about this unit. However, it sounds too good to be true. Normally one gets what one pays for. You might be lucky - or not.

Hi. I'm looking to drag my 2007 T5 Cali SE into the 2020s by upgrading the audio and nav equipment. I've asked prolific (but good?) eBay seller Audio Tech Direct what they can offer and they've come back with their fandabbydozy 7" Android 10.0 Bluetooth GPS Sat Nav Radio DAB for VW Transporter T5 Caravelle, boasting more features than you can shake a dongle at, including hands-free phone, sat nav, reversing camera (as an extra), USB, SD, WiFi, etc etc, none of which is presently available. Does anyone have an experience of these units, and if so would they recommend them, or if not that, another one? Thanks! View attachment 70560View attachment 70561
One of the vendors who get mentioned reportedly for audio in vans is absolut5. http://absolut5.co.uk/

Give them a call and see what they suggest. It is not just about the unit but also after sales support in case something needs attention.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

One of the vendors who get mentioned reportedly for audio in vans is absolut5. http://absolut5.co.uk/

Give them a call and see what they suggest. It is not just about the unit but also after sales support in case something needs attention.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Absolut5 installed my Pioneer unit Avic Z820 DAB-C. Very happy with the unit and the after sales has been first class.

Looks like any double din head unit will fit in there, but for £230 definitely worth a punt.
It needs to be a 'key release head unit' - I'm not sure how much that restricts things, but they pointed out just this one from their extensive range.

It needs to be a 'key release head unit' - I'm not sure how much that restricts things, but they pointed out just this one from their extensive range.
Key release depends on the mounting cradle, which is generally supplied with the unit any way sometime it may need changing but sometimes you can get away if the fitted one .... it depends.. That one they have recommended looks decent for the money I would give it a go.

Does the van have radio controls on the steering wheel? if it does you may need some adaptors to continue to use them. Connects2.com do a whole range if you need them.

Hi. I'm looking to drag my 2007 T5 Cali SE into the 2020s by upgrading the audio and nav equipment. I've asked prolific (but good?) eBay seller Audio Tech Direct what they can offer and they've come back with their fandabbydozy 7" Android 10.0 Bluetooth GPS Sat Nav Radio DAB for VW Transporter T5 Caravelle, boasting more features than you can shake a dongle at, including hands-free phone, sat nav, reversing camera (as an extra), USB, SD, WiFi, etc etc, none of which is presently available. Does anyone have an experience of these units, and if so would they recommend them, or if not that, another one? Thanks! View attachment 70560

Maybe a bit late but I should have given a link to the fandabbydozy one. Dozy of me. Here it is: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173844966451

I thought about upgrading but really no ICE header on the market compares to what my iPhone can do.

I didn’t want to look for an apple Car Play device as it’s never a great interface so I bought a Bluetooth connector from eBay for a tenner, plugged it into the lighter socket and hey presto!

I can play radio or Spotify or Podcasts or use my iPhone navigation options (Waze or just apple maps) through the speakers.
Connects instantly, doesn’t spoil the look of my 2008 Cali and save a mahoosive amount!

I thought about upgrading but really no ICE header on the market compares to what my iPhone can do.

I didn’t want to look for an apple Car Play device as it’s never a great interface so I bought a Bluetooth connector from eBay for a tenner, plugged it into the lighter socket and hey presto!

I can play radio or Spotify or Podcasts or use my iPhone navigation options (Waze or just apple maps) through the speakers.
Connects instantly, doesn’t spoil the look of my 2008 Cali and save a mahoosive amount!
Sounds tempting! However, I'm wanting hands-free phone and reversing camera, so may just have to spoil the vintage look!

Back