Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nature

M

marchugo

Our Dutch camper website Califorum.nl has started a thread with pictures of nature around the camper and around the house: animals, birds, flowers, mushrooms, clouds, sunsets.
I like the idea, and will do a kick-off here. Maybe others can dig into their own collection.
Have fun!

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Yesterday in a wood near Amsterdam I saw these mushrooms on a dead tree:

elfenbankje.jpg
We call these "elfenbankjes" (ivory benches?), in Latin: Coriolus versicolor). It's so ugly that it is beautifull...

Amyralia.jpg
Same wood near Amsterdam: Red Sulfur Head? Way more elegant than the previous one.

If we start posting pictures , at least it need to be lose to the Cali or else the picture can be taken anywhere....;)
I have a few , starting with this
At a Campsite near Copenhagen last year.
IMG_1089.JPG

Interestingly there has been treads on Dog's Bikes Surfing hobbies etc. First time I recall nature hobbies being posted about.

@marchugo , no idea which bird the feather came from .
Some may have seen my recent thread our september trip in France where we drove next to a boar witch most likely not survived a hit from a car or lorry
IMG_3286.JPG
IMG_3302.JPG

Sadly just a few days later again a loss due traffic
never ever came accros a badger other than thisone.
IMG_3297.JPG

@marchugo , no idea which bird the feather came from .
Some may have seen my recent thread our september trip in France where we drove next to a boar witch most likely not survived a hit from a car or lorry
View attachment 67455
View attachment 67456

Sadly just a few days later again a loss due traffic
never ever came accros a badger other than thisone.
View attachment 67461
You should drive more carefully, fookin ell nothing is safe
when you're on the road.

orchid_skye_staffin.jpg
It's time for some contemplation. A small wild orchid in the fields near the camping at Staffin, Skye.

There were hundreds of nice mushrooms around when we took a walk in the forest yesterday
50428165661_483430890f_c.jpg

And to stay with @hotel california 's theme of beautiful animals that sadly enough turned into roadkill.....
50427473308_45fcbb74cb_c.jpg

20201017_114334.jpg

Crocuses next to the parking place of the Cali. Normally we see them here coming up in February. Now they raised their heads today, October 17th.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

View attachment 67945

Crocuses next to the parking place of the Cali. Normally we see them here coming up in February. Now they raised their heads today, October 17th.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.
I think they are the Autumn variety:

Description
Colchicum autumnale, commonly known as autumn crocus, meadow saffron or naked ladies, is a toxic autumn-blooming flowering plant that resembles the true crocuses, but is a member of the plant family Colchicaceae, unlike the true crocuses which belong to the family Iridaceae.

Thanks for the heads-up. You’re probably right, as I read on some websites. They are rare in the Netherlands, and toxic. Used against rheuma and cancer... in spring they should show leaves,I will follow them.

Marc.

This little guy had a lucky escape when I was cutting back a planted border on the side of the drive our new Cali was going to live.

thumbnail_20180701_091235 (2).jpg

We’ve had lots of driftwood washing up on a local beach and I noticed this new to the area creativity around the use of driftwood. Looked particularly interesting yesterday against the threatening sky and a spring tide.

0B7C76AF-0ED7-4CD2-BBF1-9FEC19503F7F.jpeg

1047DCA8-1524-4F57-B5B8-4CDA6FE3DCD3.jpeg
29D74BCD-1555-482D-AE00-D8A69716AEAB.jpeg

Last edited:
All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey
i've been for a walk

and that's the black forrest on the horizon.
IMG_0180.JPG

Back