Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nebula projector storage

Carl_______________

Carl_______________

VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
So owning the Cali has re-ignited my love of designing things in 3D and printing them

After Easter weekend I realised storage is important in the Cali, I found my new Nebula projector being constantly being moved around.

After a couple of attempts I have come up with this storage solution for the Anker Nebula. Keeps it all together and let's you charge it while being stored

IMG_20220424_090414_HDR.jpg

Looks the dogs, always fancied a 3D printer to tinker with but know I’ll never have the time!

I just wanted to learn 3D CAD, so thought I needed a printer to make it all seem worth doing, mine has sat ideal for a while now.

I will be starting another project soon. I see many people asking about where do they mount a projector. The Nebula is great because it can be mounted anywhere. But the cheaper projectors available still need to be inline with the screen.

So owning the Cali has re-ignited my love of designing things in 3D and printing them

After Easter weekend I realised storage is important in the Cali, I found my new Nebula projector being constantly being moved around.

After a couple of attempts I have come up with this storage solution for the Anker Nebula. Keeps it all together and let's you charge it while being stored

View attachment 92219
Looks great, I have a nebula case but can’t charge in that.
Would you mind sharing the file?

Does anyone have a solution for the nebula max projecting onto the side screen? It could do with about 4mm added to the rear of the unit to make it level with the blind, it'd be nice to have a more sturdy solution than trying to put a usb cable under the back of it(!)

Does anyone have a solution for the nebula max projecting onto the side screen? It could do with about 4mm added to the rear of the unit to make it level with the blind, it'd be nice to have a more sturdy solution than trying to put a usb cable under the back of it(!)
We found that a squashed cherry bakewell case worked well

The Nebula works really well in the camper, but can't justify only using it for camping. Does anyone have any pics of their home setup with the projector at all?
I am currently thinking of building a small gazebo for an outdoor cinema experience in the garden with the kids, but wondered what everyone else is doing / has done?

Thanks,

Matt

The Nebula works really well in the camper, but can't justify only using it for camping. Does anyone have any pics of their home setup with the projector at all?
I am currently thinking of building a small gazebo for an outdoor cinema experience in the garden with the kids, but wondered what everyone else is doing / has done?

Thanks,

Matt
My thoughts exactly so I bought a 100” cloth screen for £20, put a couple of discrete screws in the bookshelf, hooked the eyelets over them and watched the empire strikes back last night. Takes about 30 seconds to put the screen up.

084D1302-492D-4969-9F8A-58816BA9E35A.jpeg