Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NEC February 2022

S

Scrumpypops

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi

Can i ask on people's past experience, how long is properly needed to look around the show?
I'd be looking at the GC & similar Sven Hedin plus converters for full time van life. I appreciate previous thoughts on the GC for full time but it's more trying out the size. It will only be me full timing.
I had planned to have an afternoon there and a full day following. My thoughts are a quick look at all that's of interest in the afternoon and then a proper look and chat on the stands regarding lead times etc on the full day. I know already some converters for 6m vans are into 2023.
I'm flexible so could spend longer depending on what you think.

From there I can decide whether I need to rent and wait or look to buy a 6.1 conversion and sell once the larger van is built.

Thanks for any replies, just feel my dream is taking shape and find the forum invaluable.

Lee

When you go to these shows, time can just seem to evaporate. It's a big decision, give yourself plenty of time and enjoy window shopping.

Really depends on what is of interest...if you are not interested in Caravans, and mobile homes, then just leaves motorhomes and campers. If the GC is your focus then it does not do any harm to check out the alternatives.

There is also an area for camping bits and pieces. My experience of the bits stalls is that they tend to repeat themselves, and it is so easy to buy stuff that you'll perhaps never use.

Also check to see how many halls are being used. I went to the Classic Car show in November only to discover that only around 30% of the usual halls were being used...but they still charged the same entrance fee.

Parking is expensive soo consider arriving on the train (Birmingham Airport/International station) the walkway is under cover and I find this most convenient. For large shows it can take 1+ hours to get in and 1+ hours to get out of the car parks!

Ohh....take your own food and drink.

Parking is included! See just below the banner of their website.

But I do also recommend taking your own food & drink even if you are used to London prices!

you will need all day. so go for opening times. i noticed on nec website they are insisting on vax passports and face nappies so i won't be going ever again until they sort that out. i couldn't walk round that hot place all day panting behind a mask.

you will need all day. so go for opening times. i noticed on nec website they are insisting on vax passports and face nappies so i won't be going ever again until they sort that out. i couldn't walk round that hot place all day panting behind a mask.
Yea, based on my past experience, it's going to be a covid breeding ground.

Thank you.
Want to see any conversion around 6m plus any manufacturer doing similar. Such a long way to go not to spend some time there.
Also if stock is so limited, I'd like to look at as many as I can ocean size, to compare converters.
For this show, think parking is included but I'll probably do the train.

Are Vw at the NEC this year?
There not on the exhibitors list.

Vanworx & Celtic Motorhomes seen their work but both booked up. Vanguard waiting to hear back from them, closed until Monday. Didn't even think VW wouldn't be there, have looked at the showroom GC so it was more to see what else was on offer.
I think I know in the back of my mind, the conversion that suits me will come with a long lead time. Just need to make some decisions soon as I'm eating away my budget

Seeing relatively small Campervans in crowds is frustrating as there always seem to groups that hog any van that you are wanting to see. Politeness seems to be non-existent.
Boom in all types of self contained holiday solutions, campervans etc,. may mean that Constructors have full order books and don't need to advertise/exhibit. NEC is expensive for them.

As advised above be prepared for a long and quite tiring day.

Hi

Can i ask on people's past experience, how long is properly needed to look around the show?
I'd be looking at the GC & similar Sven Hedin plus converters for full time van life. I appreciate previous thoughts on the GC for full time but it's more trying out the size. It will only be me full timing.
I had planned to have an afternoon there and a full day following. My thoughts are a quick look at all that's of interest in the afternoon and then a proper look and chat on the stands regarding lead times etc on the full day. I know already some converters for 6m vans are into 2023.
I'm flexible so could spend longer depending on what you think.

From there I can decide whether I need to rent and wait or look to buy a 6.1 conversion and sell once the larger van is built.

Thanks for any replies, just feel my dream is taking shape and find the forum invaluable.

Lee
You could sped a couple of days there, easily. last time we went we couldn't find out way out for ages. It was huge. It was very hot and we also had to buy one of those trolley things, to lug around a small BBQ and brochures and jackets.

Back