Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About to buy.

G

Geezso

Vehicle
N/A
Hello all, I have put a deposit down on a T5 140 SE. Very low miles and just fancy it. Hopefully get some tips and info from the site. I am going over this afternoon to drive and check it over.
Is there anything in particular I should look for and most importantly can the cd player be swapped for a original sat nav unit as I was surprised it didn't have one.
Thanks in advance.

Hope all goes well, I wouldn't let the lack of Sat Nav put you off, it can be easily installed (about a 20 minute job) or you can install an after market unit (there are many discussions on this).

If you go the RNS510 route you might need some help with coding your California so that the Nav shows up on the DIS (the screen between the dials) but there are many people who can help with that.

Last edited:
hello and welcome our's came without sat nav built in and happy using a Garmin /tomtom on the top of dash. as reserves said easy to add

should not be a deal breaker

Hi and welcome , do not worry about sat nav GPS not on it , the RNS 510 is not worth the money anyway.

Check the roof for corrosion , open the roof and look out if the canvas is not damaged ( just climb in the roof and you will spot easy if damage is there due to light comming thru) ask for a demo from the fridge,coocker,night heather so you sure they work ....let some water run thru the tap.
And offcoarse feel the engine on the road!

Good luck with the test drive. I am sure you will love it. There is also a buying check sheet on the VIP member area that I used when I picked mine up. It was really useful. Again, enjoy! :)

That's me committed got my VIP membership and collecting Thursday.

So many options I want already. Black side pipes, black alloys, a black bonnet bra or bonnet deflector, rear bumper protector in black (colour coding theme emerging) then there is the sparesafe, topper and front window covers, in black.

On the Cali topper, is it 1. Worthwhile and 2. Easily installed.

One question, that I did try to research, but had conflicting information. How much is SE 140 road tax. I seen £260/265, but also seen £290/295?

image.pngIf this is your vehicle , then £290/pa

Apologies Welsh Gas its bluemotion, if that's the decider then makes sense. I tried that site but my phone wouldn't display.
Many thanks.

If you have the reg number then you can get the exact figure for the vehicle from the site.

One question, that I did try to research, but had conflicting information. How much is SE 140 road tax. I seen £260/265, but also seen £290/295?
Our 2015 blue motion 140 is £265pa.

That's me committed got my VIP membership and collecting Thursday.

So many options I want already. Black side pipes, black alloys, a black bonnet bra or bonnet deflector, rear bumper protector in black (colour coding theme emerging) then there is the sparesafe, topper and front window covers, in black.

On the Cali topper, is it 1. Worthwhile and 2. Easily installed.
There are just as many on here who swear by a topper - and just as many (like me) who has not felt the need. My advice is get out and about and experience the whole thing - you will decide as you go.

For me tho black side pipes is numero uno

Back