Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Needed key one to activated heat continuously?

P

Paolo69

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,
A couple of time I tried to activate heating continuously early in the morning (after 6 hours key off and it didn't start-no message but no orange icon). I put the key and switch on (not start engine) and then heater worked ok. Is it normal?

Last time I was in the upper bed and was annoying so i Used heat immediately. Is still true that if you use immediately you then have to move the veichle to use again heat immediately?

Thanks

you need to turn on contact to switch from heating immediately to heating continuously .
yes , you can not use heat immediately several times in a row.
Please read some of the many other threads on this subject.

yes , you can not use heat immediately several times in a row.
That’s not quite right, you can use heat immediately as many times as you like but the total run time is a maximum of 2 hours before it locks out and you have to drive the vehicle to reset it.

That’s not quite right, you can use heat immediately as many times as you like but the total run time is a maximum of 2 hours before it locks out and you have to drive the vehicle to reset it.
I know but it was my short answer, this information has been repeated so many times already, that I suggested to read some other threads about auxiliary heater.

Thank you very much, the 2 hours detail is useful for me.
The alternative I think is setting the continuos before going to bed setted on 1 and then elevating settings in the morning (without moving from bed..)
What had in head engineers I don't understand....

Thank you very much, the 2 hours detail is useful for me.
The alternative I think is setting the continuos before going to bed setted on 1 and then elevating settings in the morning (without moving from bed..)
What had in head engineers I don't understand....
Heat immediately is designed to warm the vehicle up before driving basically.

Back