Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New 66 plate Cali

Del Boy

Del Boy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
New van at dealers in Edinburgh, pick up next Friday, been there for a few weeks , but we decided due to work and home repairs to wait for the new plate ! Not that it makes much difference as we will be using our one . Counting down the days

Enjoy your new Cali now the wait is over.

Picked up new ocean 4 motion today , great hand over . David from VW van centre Bilston Edinburgh picked us up off the train , made a big fuss and walked us through every inch of our van , didn't get to leave until all things were covered and tested ! Trip home was very slow and wet , but on our arrival local council put on an air display accompanied by fireworks, fantastic!! Day just got better . Loading up an off up Loch Lomond in the morning

All going well we pick up new Cali tomorrow, hopping to post a few picks soon as I work out how to do it . One more sleep lol

Picking up mine 0900am tomorrow.

Already saw it in person with 66 number plates on. Funny thing is we were offered plates LV66 FUU or something like that. We both laughed and thought we'd take it but dealer talked us out of it.

I mean if it had been LV69 FUU would have made more sense...

Picked up new ocean 4 motion today , great hand over . David from VW van centre Bilston Edinburgh picked us up off the train , made a big fuss and walked us through every inch of our van , didn't get to leave until all things were covered and tested ! Trip home was very slow and wet , but on our arrival local council put on an air display accompanied by fireworks, fantastic!! Day just got better . Loading up an off up Loch Lomond in the morning
Great stuff and a lovely place to take the Cali. Enjoy

Mike

Hope your day goes, with a big smile , great feeling and hard to keep concentration on instructions, lol but worth it in the long run. Just as well its dark now as I'm struggling to stop looking out the window. We're off in the morning to start the adventures , can't wait . Pity you can't get that plate , least it's not 666

Hope your day goes, with a big smile , great feeling and hard to keep concentration on instructions, lol but worth it in the long run. Just as well its dark now as I'm struggling to stop looking out the window. We're off in the morning to start the adventures , can't wait . Pity you can't get that plate , least it's not 666

I can't sleep but for some reason I have zero excitement over the car.

Reason, I have bought and sold so many cars, and wasted so much money, in last 6 years not even funny. Luckiky, came to my senses nearly 4 years ago and sold 4 of my cars en masse back to BMW!

Only cars in household were bought 2012 now.

So it is with a sense of intrigue as to whether I will be able to use the Cali for the purpose that made me buy it....

I can't sleep but for some reason I have zero excitement over the car.

Reason, I have bought and sold so many cars, and wasted so much money, in last 6 years not even funny. Luckiky, came to my senses nearly 4 years ago and sold 4 of my cars en masse back to BMW!

Only cars in household were bought 2012 now.

So it is with a sense of intrigue as to whether I will be able to use the Cali for the purpose that made me buy it....

You sound just like I was, I changed my car every 6-8 months and I too had very little excitement before collection to the point I nearly didn't bother to collect it. Nearly had it 6 months now and I still love it. Just drove down to Brittany last week and it was superb!

I've started a pound jar recently to start saving for the deposit on the T7 due in a few years! :):)

You sound just like I was, I changed my car every 6-8 months and I too had very little excitement before collection to the point I nearly didn't bother to collect it. Nearly had it 6 months now and I still love it. Just drove down to Brittany last week and it was superb!

I've started a pound jar recently to start saving for the deposit on the T7 due in a few years! :):)

I am not even a car man. But to my horror one day I noticed I had 6 cars on my drive.

Four with big V8 engines, one a mid engined 2 seater V10 with approx 550 bhp and so on...

Got rid of most except 2.

Just picked up Cali 2 hours ago. While no excitement I am already enjoying the great flexibility and design.

Why ge

Well here she is , all be it a week late due to being a bit technically challenged. Wet weekend spent in Loch Lomond even got a chance to test out the night heater. Sat in the drive filthy for a week but managed to do some TLC today and now loaded up to try the Lake District next weekend . image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Looks lovely. We've got one the same colour on order!

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

Thanks to all for your kind comments, we thought this colour was a bit different.
It seams to change every time you look at it . Very much enjoying the van well worth the wait ( March-April) , but now it's all coming together.
Big trip planned for October school holidays , Austria, Switzerland and northern lakes in Italy . But will manage a few weekends away first .

Big trip planned for October school holidays , Austria, Switzerland and northern lakes in Italy . But will manage a few weekends away first .

Sounds great! Just write if you need any help planning your trip to/through Switzerland as there are more and more Switzerland-Based Cali-owners here.

sapto

If going to Switzerland remember to buy a motorway sticker 40 chf . Caught using a motorway without one is a huge fine I believe, although we managed to avoid motorways in June/July. If going to grindelwald way, go to First, brilliant day out there. Campsites are expensive. Lovely one at Randa if going to zermatt. Happy travels

Been in and through Swiss many times , not always had to purchase the road tax but handy to use motorway from time to time. Regular stop over at lauterbranen, for a couple of nights , before heading off to Italy . Can't wait to try it in our new van

New van at dealers in Edinburgh, pick up next Friday, been there for a few weeks , but we decided due to work and home repairs to wait for the new plate ! Not that it makes much difference as we will be using our one . Counting down the days
Enjoy your new Cali now the wait is over.
Not sure why you have disagreed with me. I was only trying to be friendly.

Very sorry Rich20 , couldn't quite work out what was wrong. But on further inspection, must have had a blond moment an touched the wrong button!

Very sorry Rich20 , couldn't quite work out what was wrong. But on further inspection, must have had a blond moment an touched the wrong button!
No worries, thanks for the reply. Your Cali looks great by the way.