Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New AdBlue fix on T6?

Just to clarify, I have no problem with you being offended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t think it is being over sensitive to expect people on here to be treated with respect. Clearly, you don’t agree. But, moving on, I agree with 2020; I’d much rather have a golfing umbrella than the 20 litre container of adblue I received following the software update. My company pays for all my fuel and, if I buy adblue at the same time, for that too (I have a company fuel card). I pay tax on my non-business mileage fuel at the year end - usually more than offset by reclaiming the business mileage allowance. So the 20 litres of adblue sitting in my garage is of little benefit to me. Whereas, if I had a nice VW umbrella, I might be tempted to walk to the shop in the rain rather than taking the van. Thereby saving some precious Co2’s.

Just to clarify, I have no problem with you being offended.

I'm not offended......sorry to dissappoint you, every village has one....enough said????
I hope you that doesn't offend you. Remember all I suggested was that I'd like to choose my compensation from VW without realising I had to run it by you first to se if it is acceptable.

But since you persist.....
I know plenty about looking after the environment.
I know plenty about how even electric powered cars will still need the likes of an oil refinery to support there existence.
I also know that your ethic is good but please don't preach tiny little pieces of crap when you don't understand the bigger picture of who is doing what to move forward.
The company I work for is exploring sustainable futures more vigorously than most.
Unfortunately the world is not quite ready for us to be so choosy about the environmental impact of manufacturing and shipping an umbrella.

And underneath it all, I would like everybody to treat the earth with the amount of respect as if they had borrowed it from their great grand children.
So stop being a half wit.

Go to China and and make your protests known. Don't whinge on a vehicle related forum.

Last edited:
I'm not offended......sorry to dissappoint you, every village has one....enough said????
I hope you that doesn't offend you. Remember all I suggested was that I'd like to choose my compensation from VW without realising I had to run it by you first to se if it is acceptable.

But since you persist.....
I know plenty about looking after the environment.
I know plenty about how even electric powered cars will still need the likes of an oil refinery to support there existence.
I also know that your ethic is good but please don't preach tiny little pieces of crap when you don't understand the bigger picture of who is doing what to move forward.
The company I work for is exploring sustainable futures more vigorously than most.
Unfortunately the world is not quite ready for us to be so choosy about the environmental impact of manufacturing and shipping an umbrella.

And underneath it all, I would like everybody to treat the earth with the amount of respect as if they had borrowed it from their great grand children.
So stop being a half wit.

Go to China and and make your protests known. Don't whinge on a vehicle related forum.

Is it still up there?

Also had the upgrade during second service, had to sign a form to authorise the upgrade, in return received a form which I take to any VW garage who will refill 10 times. We live local to a VW garage so I’ll ensure it’s reading 500 miles before I get it refilled.

Also had the upgrade during second service, had to sign a form to authorise the upgrade, in return received a form which I take to any VW garage who will refill 10 times. We live local to a VW garage so I’ll ensure it’s reading 500 miles before I get it refilled.

Does it have to be a VW Commercial Van Centre or can it be a VW car dealership too?

I’ll double check tomorrow, but understood it was any VW dealership / service centre

Hi Alan et al

Having checked it’s 8 Free refills at any VW service centre

Hope this clarifies

Many thanks. I'll give it a try at my local non commercial van VW centre.

Refilled today at my local van centre - VW Beadles, Dartford.

They expressed surprise that this was a turn up and be topped up service, but after little query, accepted it to be the case.

Contrary to my previous experience of a top up in Palermo, they took the van to the pump rather than wheel the pump to the van. The driver had a start when he realised that there was a border collie dozing on the rear seat, and insisted I remove Meg.

No detail recorded of how much went into the AdBlue tank, but after I asked I was given the figure of 10.1 litres. The MFD was showing a max fill of 2.25 gals (10.2 litres) so 10.1 litres sounds right.

The whole process took about 45 minutes.

As AdBlue at my local petrol station is 60p per litre from the pump and takes just a few minutes, I really do not think that a free refill at the garage is worth my time.

Any VW service agent will do it.

Handy for me as so often on my way home I'm passing SMG Cowfold but as Tom @Amarillo says, to go out of my way for about six quid's worth every 5,000 miles or so is hardly worth it.

There is also the small consideration that I am not only completely hapless and useless at anything mechanical or schematic, I can also make a huge mess of pouring anything out of one container into another so the attraction of someone else doing it is wonderful!

six quid's worth every 5,000 miles or so is hardly worth it.
Everytime previously I've topped up, I have been given a range estimate of 6000 miles. After this, my first post AdBlue fix, the range estimate dropped to 4000 miles after refill - suggesting 50% more AdBlue will being used.

Reactions: Loz
Everytime previously I've topped up, I have been given a range estimate of 6000 miles. After this, my first post AdBlue fix, the range estimate dropped to 4000 miles after refill - suggesting 50% more AdBlue will being used.
Yes, I have just topped up. Display shows 4500 mile range. Whereas before it read 6000 miles.

Same here.

Back