Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New adventure

I

Ianvonlux2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Morning!

Picked up my new California from Eurovans yesterday afternoon. Now on the Eurotunnel heading to the Alps!

Michael was super helpful at Eurovans. Def recommend him.

I fitted my SCS solar panels in Sainsbury car park last night. The kit is superb, took 20 mins to put two panels on on my own - standing on the camp chairs ;) Kudos to Roger. (Will wire everything up later)

Couple of queries… what is the bed extension that comes with the comfort mattress? Is it a separate thing or is it just that the comfort mattress also covers the rear parcel shelf type thing?

On other vans I’ve rented before there were hooks in the same channel in front of the sink that the table runs along. Useful for tea towel/bin bag. Nothing in my van is that right?

Only glitch so far was that tyre pressures were 3.4 and the warning lamp came on as soon as I drove it off the forecourt :(

Cheers!

IMG_4689.jpeg

Nice one. :cool: I envy you heading straight for the Alps! That's a plan maybe for us next year, but there are so many places we want to visit with our Cali when we get it (Thursday!). Good note on the tyre pressures, this is something that crossed my mind actually given I have a 5 hour return journey from EuroVans myself, so it reinforces my plan to take my compact tyre pump with me.

The bed extension is the bit that would be called a parcel shelf if it was a normal car.

The groove on the front edge of the kitchen disappeared when the T6.1 came out, they did put a couple of little hooks on the end though.

If you don’t have a spare wheel vw should have included a 12v pump as part of the emergency tyre repair kit.

Were heading to the Austrian Alps the end of July, But going in our car not the van. Be nice to see some more photos when you get there.

Have a great time!!