Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar Camper Solutions - New Longer Warranties!

Roger Donoghue

Roger Donoghue

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi All, I have our next batch of panels being made as we speak. They are almost identical to our current panels, just shorter and wider.

When they arrive I will be increasing our current 2 year panel warranty to 3 years. This is great for you, but a touch unfair on recent purchasers, so, I'm increasing our panel warranty on ALL black SCS branded panels sold by us to three years, regardless of when you bought them. As long as they are black 100w panels branded with our logo, your warranty on the panel is now 3 years from delivery date rather than the two you were given when purchased.

We did buy a batch of 120w black panels over winter from a UK distributor to keep us going whilst we waited for another shipment from our factory in China - they won't have our branding on . Even though I only get a 1 year warranty on them, the come from the same factory in China and I'll give you a 2 year warranty.

Two final notes:

1) If you have bought a solar system from us and have our black branded 100w panels, and are thinking of adding a second (ore third) panel, and you want them to look identical - do it now. I have 75 left. Otherwise they'll be slightly shorter and wider (image below)

2) Reassuringly, we have not had a single own branded panel fail in use in over 3 years now. We had one dead on arrival. That's it.

Below, our logo on the panel - yours will have faded to monochrome by now!

scs panel logo.jpg

Below, existing panel, and new panel, so you can see the physical difference.

scs panels old and new.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Roger, what's the price on a second panel and associated loom? Is it a plug and play item? Thanks

£379 plus shipping and it plugs into the other panel - all happens on the roof. Comes with everything you need, brackets etc. If you want one email me and I'll issue a coupon to bring the kit price down to £379

Good to know, I’ll email you for a quote for 1 solar panel and MT11.
Seeing as Epever BLE and Wi-Fi are obsolete now with iOS 16.4 on !

Thanks Roger, would the 75/15 Victron MPPT need upgrading for an extra panel?

Victron is good with two panels (the 75/15 will actually handle three, but it will discard anything over 220w - but - even 300w of panels rarely produce 300w - more like 240w in UK conditions.).

Good to know, I’ll email you for a quote for 1 solar panel and MT11.
Seeing as Epever BLE and Wi-Fi are obsolete now with iOS 16.4 on !

Got your email and responded.

Epever are a bit sh1t with ongoing support - their products last forever, their apps don't. Maybe Apple is to blame? Android is unnafected.

Hello Roger!
I am very happy with our current 1 panel setup. Never had to plug in since I have it since we use little electricity. Do you confirm there will be no problem to add one of the new panels to the current ones if need be later on? My epever MPPT can take 3 panels.
Thanks for the warranty upgrade and this great solution!
Antoine

Hello Roger!
I am very happy with our current 1 panel setup. Never had to plug in since I have it since we use little electricity. Do you confirm there will be no problem to add one of the new panels to the current ones if need be later on? My epever MPPT can take 3 panels.
Thanks for the warranty upgrade and this great solution!
Antoine
No problem at all - same wattage & voltage - it will just plug into your existing one.

Back