New (almost) collection next week…newby questions.

PeteNats

PeteNats

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi All,

It’s great to have access to a forum of experts when you are new to the CaliCamper world!!!

We pick up our almost new T6.1 Ocean next week and the whole family is looking forward to having a day van to make the hours we spend at the side of kids sports matches and training sessions more bearable, to have a new daily driver and to make use of it for both mini breaks as well as longer camping trips.

We have been regular campers, (the huge Outwell tent will be on sale soon) but we are looking forward to a bit less faff. Fortunately we are buying an almost new van from someone who had to reluctantly sell and has stocked it with almost everything we could want, including a drive away awning, power station and solar panels! Very lucky…

The one thing we definitely need is some car seat covers. My kids are young, we’ll have the dog in the car and the light grey seats are going to be a nightmare.

I’ve seen multiple covers advertised but am reluctant (and right now can’t afford) to fork out £500 plus for seat covers.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something between the waterproof plastic bags and the £800 strip-all-your-trim-off to fit type covers?

As another question…ad hoc over nighting. I have images of going to a country pub and deciding to have an extra drink or two and stay in the Cali. How have you found those kind of last minute stops? I’ve downloaded the Park4night app but other suggestions for places that camping may not be organised but is sanctioned would be appreciated.

Welcome. We use Britstop.

Which is great for stopping at pubs overnight. You do not normally need to book. We also turn the seats around, and put out the bed when not stopping in an official campsite and going for a drink. I have read of cases where the police do checks in a pub car park on the look out for drivers who have had a few making their way back to their cars. It's easy to show that you were planning on sleeping over.

The one thing we definitely need is some car seat covers. My kids are young, we’ll have the dog in the car and the light grey seats are going to be a nightmare.

I’ve seen multiple covers advertised but am reluctant (and right now can’t afford) to fork out £500 plus for seat covers.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something between the waterproof plastic bags and the £800 strip-all-your-trim-off to fit type covers?
Congratulations on the new van! I've picked mine up at the weekend.

I don't have seat covers yet, but plan to get them very soon.

I've seen these recommended on this forum, they seem like they might be in the middle ground you're looking for.