Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New and about to order a Beach!

Gerhardt

Gerhardt

Vehicle
Looking to buy
My name is Gerhardt and I am just waiting for a final quote before I order my first VW California.

Here is the options we want to go for.

Exterior package
Leather multi-function steering wheel and gearshift knob with radio and telephone controls
Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
Comfort dashboard package
3-seater bench (movable) with reclining seat mechanism, multi-flex board with padding, 3 drawers
No extra charge
Fuel tank with a volume of 80l
Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
17" chassis with 17" brake system
Electrical interface for external use (terminal block in driver´s seat)
Awning (housing and rail in black)
Tyres 235/55 R17 103H optimised rolling resistance
Green heat insulating glass in cab with green privacy glass in the passenger compartment
Seat trim covers in Kutamo fabric
2 remote control folding keys and 1 rigid key
Heated front washer nozzles and washer fluid level indicator
Mud flaps front and rear
Without model and engine designation badges
Gross vehicle weight rating: 3,080 kg

have you discovered Californias Anonymous - hi my name is Tim and i am addicted to these vans

LOL... Yes, the obsession can get out of hand never spent so much time looking at specs. We are going for white. Is that yours in your avatar?

Welcome @Gerhardt , Brit living in Germany ?

LOL... Yes, the obsession can get out of hand never spent so much time looking at specs. We are going for white. Is that yours in your avatar?
Hi Gerhardt - yes mine is yellow and i must say looks great ..... no regrets - i have kept the spec simple as poss and again no regrets - piling up the miles 18000 in 7 months - fun wagon

Here is the options we want to go for.

Exterior package
Leather multi-function steering wheel and gearshift knob with radio and telephone controls
3-seater bench (movable) with reclining seat mechanism, multi-flex board with padding, 3 drawers
No extra charge
17" chassis with 17" brake system
Electrical interface for external use (terminal block in driver´s seat)
Tyres 235/55 R17 103H optimised rolling resistance
Green heat insulating glass in cab with green privacy glass in the passenger compartment
Heated front washer nozzles and washer fluid level indicator
Mud flaps front and rear
Gross vehicle weight rating: 3,080 kg

Don't forget the parking heater!!!

Don't forget the parking heater!!!
So do you think that is a must have? What option would you go for? Was thinking of getting a more affordable option later, the options aren't cheap.

Hi Gerhardt - yes mine is yellow and i must say looks great ..... no regrets - i have kept the spec simple as poss and again no regrets - piling up the miles 18000 in 7 months - fun wagon
My wife really wanted a yellow one, but we have settled on white. Yellow does look good though.

The parking heater is a must have , imagine getting in the Cali when wet afther a walk in the rain...it also extends the periode you can camp to almost the whole year . When the roof is up it gets chill pretty quick in mid-season and wintertime.
Worth to money 200% imo.

So do you think that is a must have? What option would you go for? Was thinking of getting a more affordable option later, the options aren't cheap.
From everything I have ever read on this site the parking heater is a must above all others. It extends the times you can use the Cali and the resale.

Mike

Definitely a must have. It will mean you can camp at any time of the year, even in spring and autumn it can get chilly evenings and mornings and will take any dampness out of the air.
Also great for defrosting in winter. Click the remote from inside the house wait 15 mins and get into a hot defrosted Cali:)

Fair one. Will have to seriously look at that then, not been ordered yet so shouldn't be problem to get it added. Thanks for the advice!

Right, I have added the parking heater. Yes, Kava, the most expensive one. So I am now again/still waiting for a quote. Hope to get it this week so I can order, hoping to have it by end of January 2017.

Right I just placed my deposit on a
California Beach SWB EU6 150 PS 2.0 TDI BMT 6sp Manual
With the following:

Exterior package
Wing mirrors: heated, power adjustable and power folding wing mirrors
Mud flaps front and rear
Programmable parking heater (air) with radio remote control and auxiliary heater (coolant)

Really exited! But now the long wait.

Right I just placed my deposit on a
California Beach SWB EU6 150 PS 2.0 TDI BMT 6sp Manual
With the following:

Exterior package
Wing mirrors: heated, power adjustable and power folding wing mirrors
Mud flaps front and rear
Programmable parking heater (air) with radio remote control and auxiliary heater (coolant)

Really exited! But now the long wait.
Probably spec blind but what colour are you going for?

Probably spec blind but what colour are you going for?

We are going for Candy White. I wanted Bamboo Green and the wife wanted Grape Yellow, but decided to go with white and then we can get it wrapped if we find it a bit boring. We do like the look of the white "Edition" that you get in Germany.