Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach ordered yesterday

E

EpicT6

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Finally signed on the dotted line yesterday. Very excited but feeling slightly deflated at the same time having to wait for 6 months. Will try to resist the buy-accessories-that-you-will-never-ever-use trap while I am waiting. T6 Beach in grape yellow (life is too short to drive around in a coffin colored tin box). Forum is a great source of information and helped me to comb through the option as VW speak can be confusing.

:welcome
If my experience is anything to go by you will have plenty of time to consider all your questions. Here you will find answers....

Will keep an eye out for you around June then:) There is Sunny yellow T5 in Southampton I see quite often so be good to compare with the Grape yellow.
Have you gone for the 2 or 3 seater bench version?

Will keep an eye out for you around June then:) There is Sunny yellow T5 in Southampton I see quite often so be good to compare with the Grape yellow.
?? My order is an Ocean in Acapulco Blue.

3 seater bench. There is only 4 of us but I like the idea of having extra seat. The grape yellow is not like your typical sunflower yellow. Slightly cooler shade. Might no be to everybody's taste.

3 seater bench. There is only 4 of us but I like the idea of having extra seat. The grape yellow is not like your typical sunflower yellow. Slightly cooler shade. Might no be to everybody's taste.
It's an amazing colour. Welcome to the club! :)

And the original poster who started the discussion has ordered a Yellow Beach. My comment was ref to the thread title.
Sure your Ocean will be equally great so welcome to all.
OK. Sorry for confusion.

Finally signed on the dotted line yesterday. Very excited but feeling slightly deflated at the same time having to wait for 6 months. Will try to resist the buy-accessories-that-you-will-never-ever-use trap while I am waiting. T6 Beach in grape yellow (life is too short to drive around in a coffin colored tin box). Forum is a great source of information and helped me to comb through the option as VW speak can be confusing.
Congratulations.

Unlike VW Californias, coffins can be ordered in any colour that you would like these days.

Congratulations.

Unlike VW Californias, coffins can be ordered in any colour that you would like these days.
Very true :) In fact I would have gone for a dark purple if it had been on offer. But then it is the van itself that really counts I guess.

Excellent choice of colour. My grape yellow 3 seat bench Beach is a confirmed build of week 4 (week commencing 23 January). The order was place April 2016.

I've bought a few things for it already:
1. Driveaway awning - second hand from this site
2. Children's chairs for Christmas tomorrow
3. Children's sleeping bags ditto above
4. Cushions for Clare ditto above

Did you go for the 2 extra seats in the middle row? I was tempted but as there is only 4 of us for 90% of the time it did not seem to make sense. April to January seems like an aweful long time. Week 4 - I am so jealous! Cushions are very good idea.

Did you go for the 2 extra seats in the middle row? I was tempted but as there is only 4 of us for 90% of the time it did not seem to make sense. April to January seems like an aweful long time. Week 4 - I am so jealous! Cushions are very good idea.
Yes to the seats - we have two boys ages 3 years and 1 year 8 months, so we got the two seats with integrated child seats. They can always be removed and stored in the bike shed when not needed. A seven seater is useful for transporting grandparents and children in one van. As the boys grow older we can take them to places with a friend each.

Next year we are planning a 12 month farewell tour of the European Union, June 2017 - June 2018. The youngest will be too small for the integrated child seat, so we'll leave one seat behind and have the two boys face to face away from the sliding door and soft luggage on the bench near the door, held in place with a net or bungees. The dogs will go in their crate on the floor near the door.

I'm still not sure how it will all work out. We'll just have to wait until March and experiment.

Great stuff , let the good times roll-on!