Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali and leather seats

smudge07

smudge07

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All - I collected our new beach on Tues and spent Wed. having Trim Technik in the Wirral fitting leather seat covers. Dropped off at Sterling at Ultimate shine autos for crystal serum to protect the paint and a bonnet clear wrap - I have used the guys there before for my car. I just have to wash it and looks like I have been polishing it for hours. I don't get it back from them for a few days will post some shiny pics then.

Firstly want to thank everyone on the forum for all the help and advice it is the best forum on the net - no angry people which make a refreshing change :0) So far very happy with the spec. which is largely down to the research I carried out here.
DSG, 150, heater with remote, App Connect, comfort dash, removable towbar, privacy glass, multi function wheel and paddles, HD roll bars, addition swivel seat, lowered springs, light pack....

I can't recomend Trim Technik enough - another find here on the forum. The quality of the work is really great and going to help make the car more baby proof - looks like a landrover discovery inside now. Went with ash grey and light grey - a good match for the van interior - customer service from Emily there was great too. When I was there another cali was being fitted with leather. Interested to hear what you think about the seats.

We had a delay in picking the Van up due to second baby - going to be a great family car so exploring up here in the Outer Hebridies lots of beaches to camp beside.

Thanks again - Smudge.

IMG_8299.jpg

IMG_8301.JPG

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_8144.JPG

IMG_6418.JPG

Last edited:
That looks lovely

Congratulations on your new smile machine

Thank you - we are very excited here!!
Congratulations on your new smile machine[/QUOTE]

Nice choice of trim (colour and design). I like vans to be 'original' but yours is very tastefully done. Vw should take note!

Nice choice of trim (colour and design). I like vans to be 'original' but yours is very tastefully done. Vw should take note!
Thank you :0) I was nervous dropping it off - but really happy. With 2 small children it needs to as bomb proof as possible..

Nice to see that they are using my design. My original Cali was the first they did a re trim on, I changed the design on my current van to the one you have.IMG_0295.JPG

Nice to see that they are using my design. My original Cali was the first they did a re trim on, I changed the design on my current van to the one you have.View attachment 21986
I almost went for the VW logo too. As I mentioned it was due to the excellent form that I found trim techniq - it must have been your thread - I went a bit darker. Thanks for posting it!! the 2 colour makes a big difference.
How did yours hold up to wear and tear?

Yes very good company and in my opinion it transforms the look of the van. It looks like it's factory fitted rather than an aftermarket trim that can sometimes look cheap and chavvy.They were recommended by my local BMW garage who use them. I've had it two years now and no problem at all with wear and tear. Just wipe down with baby wipes if it gets stained and use leather cleaner/conditioner every now and then. I'm not into the builders van look with the seat covers.

absolutely agree! this certainly looks original

Fabulous looking , would like to consider these for my new Cali Ocean arriving in June or July as think the present moonrock valley and my dog doesn't mix well .. any contact names appreciated to help get a quote ... thanks

Glad you all think it looks good - it lifts the whole car a bit to my eyes at least. Their website is www.trimtechnik.net/contact-us I was mainly dealing with Emily - emily@trimtechnik.net really helpful and have had a few calis so know what they are talking about. I think your Ocean would be about £1600 I was more because we have an additional rear swivel seat.

Would be good to have a specific seat cover thread so people can find this at a later date. I wonder if the forum might be able to get a discount for future

A fellow forum member PM'd me to ask if they can fit seat covers in a day, yes they can - thought others might be interested too.
I dropped off at 8:30 and they were done at 4pm. I stayed at nearby Premier Inn night before (£60) dropped cali following morning and took taxi £17 to retail outlet at Ellesmere port (they open at 10am but coffee at 9am). Did some shopping watched a movie, had lunch then time to get back.

Hope this helps.

ps I have no connection with them other than having the seat covers fitted - good customer service is rare and hopefully it might help a few people here :0)

Fabulous looking , would like to consider these for my new Cali Ocean arriving in June or July as think the present moonrock valley and my dog doesn't mix well .. any contact names appreciated to help get a quote ... thanks
Just a quick question please. When did you order your California. I ordered mine in mid Dec 16 for delivery 1 Jul. I have been told, I don't have a build date yet, so 1 July is looking less likely. Thanks, Dave

Just a quick question please. When did you order your California. I ordered mine in mid Dec 16 for delivery 1 Jul. I have been told, I don't have a build date yet, so 1 July is looking less likely. Thanks, Dave
I ordered mine just before the December price increase, whenever that was. In which country did you order yours?

I think my order was two weeks earlier than yours , did you check with VW HQ about the delivery date, using the factory order number from the dealer ?
Thank you for your help.

Hi All - I collected our new beach on Tues and spent Wed. having Trim Technik in the Wirral fitting leather seat covers. Dropped off at Sterling at Ultimate shine autos for crystal serum to protect the paint and a bonnet clear wrap - I have used the guys there before for my car. I just have to wash it and looks like I have been polishing it for hours. I don't get it back from them for a few days will post some shiny pics then.

Firstly want to thank everyone on the forum for all the help and advice it is the best forum on the net - no angry people which make a refreshing change :0) So far very happy with the spec. which is largely down to the research I carried out here.
DSG, 150, heater with remote, App Connect, comfort dash, removable towbar, privacy glass, multi function wheel and paddles, HD roll bars, addition swivel seat, lowered springs, light pack....

I can't recomend Trim Technik enough - another find here on the forum. The quality of the work is really great and going to help make the car more baby proof - looks like a landrover discovery inside now. Went with ash grey and light grey - a good match for the van interior - customer service from Emily there was great too. When I was there another cali was being fitted with leather. Interested to hear what you think about the seats.

We had a delay in picking the Van up due to second baby - going to be a great family car so exploring up here in the Outer Hebridies lots of beaches to camp beside.

Thanks again - Smudge.

View attachment 21823

View attachment 21824

View attachment 21825

View attachment 21826

View attachment 21827

View attachment 21828

View attachment 21829

View attachment 21832

View attachment 21833

Is it my eyes playing tricks or have the dash and door cards had a trim in leather too?

Hi Allen - no leather on the cards or dash. We went to the lighter coloured interior so the cards aren't just black. The leather is a near perfect match for the door trim and dash.
Hope this helps.

love it . why do vw stick with that crappy light grey velour or whatever it is in a camper van . that gets dogs and kids in it and muddy boots, the floor is just as shite. you have to cover it all the time or it stains forever. I have a beach too though and love it . the good times are always when it leaves the driveway.

Thanks Smudge, the finish is just fab. I'm looking forward to my retrim once I finalise the colours / cut.