Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali left factory in April but no news from dealer

18ME

18ME

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I was told that our replacement Cali left the factory on 23rd April but after chasing the dealer I’ve not heard anythIng back since being told back in April that the exchange should be around mid May. I haven’t really pushed it as we’re using the wrongly spec’d Cali whilst waiting for the new one and the weather hasn’t been that great that we’d want to use it that much at the moment.

However, it would be good being kept up to date by the dealer as we’re a little bit in limbo mode so wondering if it normally takes 7 plus weeks to get to the dealer. I’m getting a little concerned that something is wrong due to how long it’s been and the lack of communication from the dealer. I will call tomorrow and try and speak with someone at the dealership as emails rarely get replied to.

As this is a replacement vehicle do you think VW themselves would have any details if I can’t get any answers from the dealer?

I was told that our replacement Cali left the factory on 23rd April but after chasing the dealer I’ve not heard anythIng back since being told back in April that the exchange should be around mid May. I haven’t really pushed it as we’re using the wrongly spec’d Cali whilst waiting for the new one and the weather hasn’t been that great that we’d want to use it that much at the moment.

However, it would be good being kept up to date by the dealer as we’re a little bit in limbo mode so wondering if it normally takes 7 plus weeks to get to the dealer. I’m getting a little concerned that something is wrong due to how long it’s been and the lack of communication from the dealer. I will call tomorrow and try and speak with someone at the dealership as emails rarely get replied to.

As this is a replacement vehicle do you think VW themselves would have any details if I can’t get any answers from the dealer?
The dealer should know what’s going on.

The dealer should know what’s going on.
I agree, the dealer will definitely know what’s going on. I just feel that the silence from the dealer is a little deafening and something is not quite right. I may get in touch with VW anyway just to see if they have any info.

The dealer orders from VW. VW sells to the dealer. Speak to VW.

Don’t rely on emails…they are great for keeping a record of communications…I was getting annoyed by a lack of replies to my emails and then called to chat with the dealer…turned out he’d left the dealership weeks ago! No auto reply or auto forwarding of emails and clearly no-one which checking any emails that went to that person. Not did the dealership think of telling their recent buyers via that dealer that that person had left.

Back