Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Roof Topper & Awning Side Panels - Now Available

Re: New Cali Roof Topper & Awning Side Panels - Now Availabl

We had a great short break in Pembrokeshire over the recent Bank Holiday. Lots of sun-shine but it as very cold! However things were made much more comfortable thanks to Nick at Comfortz. I'd put in an order for a full awning set (side and two ends) the weekend before our break. I was worried that we would not get the order in time but I rang Nick and he very kindly upgraded the delivery to Express delivery (within 24hours) at no extra charge and we got the awning panels in time.

The panels are great. Fortunately erecting the panels is pretty intuitive as there were no instructions included but they are easy to put up. They pack down into a very manageable pack

The extra space the awning panels create for routine use is great and we would really recommend them, especially as they helped us keep the warmth in the van when the side door was opened.

The side window lets in plenty of light but can be shut down to keep things dark when necessary. The door zips are robust heavy duty ones and easy to use (with cold numb fingers!)

Great service from Comfortz and a great product

Jonathan and Anne

Hello Jonathan and Anne!

I'm really glad you like the awning set and glad you got it on time! I'll have to create some instructions and perhaps a new video (time permitting) to help aid people putting the awnings up for the first time! Plus we've now added in a few tweaks based on everyone’s feedback such as we’ve reversed zips (in comparison to the video) and added a window blind for some privacy.

We keep getting great feedback on the awning set so thanks everyone who has purchased one from us! :thumb Like I always say any problems or issues further down the line please just drop us a call and we'll do our best to help.

Don't forget if you would like to come and see an awning set before you make the purchase you can always pop in and see us (M1 Junc 29a).

Just as a side note - We're very busy working away on your orders plus working on a few new products and I currently spend most of my time out in the factory - So apologies to anyone where I've been slow to respond to messages / emails recently. For an instant response it’s always best to give us a call on 01246 825873 and I’ll do my best to help there and then. :mrgreen:

:thanks
Nick

Hi Nick!
As promised a photograph of the Topper in the Alps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373048925.822901.jpg

Wow what a view! - Thank you very much for the photo - I bet you had a great time touring round the Alps

Yep
a guy with a blue Cali asked me about the topper
I gave him the name of your website :thumb

Nice pic's I am visiting the alps in september :thumb

:cool
Where in particular?
I'll hang around there again in september...but on a motorbike :smile

Hi Folks,

Just to answer couple of questions that keep reoccurring around the awning sets.... :D

Yes the side panels attach to the front panel (via Velcro) to create a more sheltered space for the winter months. - Sorry the video doesn't cover this!

Yes they are available in the new lighter weight fabric, just let us know which you prefer when ordering (They're both in stock).

Cheers
Nick.

This might be a stupid question but I will ask anyway. I have the awning side and front panels - fantastic and pretty simple to put on. However, both the side panels have velcro on each end, i can see why on the side that attaches to the front section but why on the side nearest the van ?

Great products, we slung them on our rented Cali and I have now brough them and the topper back to NZ to use on the van when it arrives in the next few weeks. Same gig, we had them up and somebody came over and asked where they got them !

They are reversable so if you only have 1 side panel and a front panel you can have the side panel
Either end :thumb if that makes sense

:headbang

Of course. Should have thought of that. Pretty handy to have esp. with a small baby - you can shuck buggy, carseat + all the other gubbins out there and recline.
Now i need to track down a cover for the rear parcel shelf in grey - i thought Inka did one but can't find one.
And maybe a windscreen cover :D

Hi Guys,

We ordered the full awning kit on Tuesday from Comfortz (we already have the cali topper) and just to say the customer service from Nick was top class. We were looking to get away this weekend, weather pending, Nick ensured that everything arrived this morning. Awning looks to be great quality too.

Thanks again Nick.

Jamie & Julie

Thanks Jamie & Julie, Glad you're liking the Cali-Topper and Awning Kit! :thumb