Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Roof Topper & Awning Side Panels - Now Available

Re: New Cali Roof Topper & Awning Side Panels - Now Availabl

Really glad you have put these pictures on as I have just this week ordered the full set
With the door. I chose these because I am on my own and don't think I will manage a full awning
As I will be able to put this up myself. It looks really good and look forward to receiving mine.
Thanx

A couple more pictures :D

20130219_112735_zpsd22400c4.jpg
20130219_112406_zps01edddf3.jpg
20130219_112607_zpsabc41020.jpg

:thumb

Great to see some pics! That set-up looks perfect! I can't wait to get mine....in the post as I speak! I'll take some of my 'silver' set-up when the panels get here! Great work guys! :cool :cool

Hey...I fitted that big window panel on my own no problem! :lol: :lol:

My panels went on so quickly, great to know if it was raining hard and you need to enclose the awning fast!

Great vid guys :goodone

:D Dont forget it's still muddy over here in the sunny UK Simon!
I was trying to keep the side off of the floor - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :lol:

Look forward to seeing the pictures of your new panels.

:lol: :lol: ....I would do just the same. :laugh2

Hello,

What is the main use for such a gear? Because you do not have much space to set a table with chairs besides beibg being protected from the rain. Do you use it to store stuff?

Hi pascal
The panels will extend outwards to give a little more room if you look at the website
www.california-accessories.com. I often just use 1 or 2 panels for shelter from the sun
And put the third panel on at night for storage of my toilet. They can be put up and down in only a few minutes :thumb I does give good shelter from the wind

Here's a better video folks (click HD for an even better view)
I think the previous video made the awning look a little smaller than it actually is :?

We've had quite a few purchases of awning kit over the last week so hopefully we'll see some customer reviews very soon :thumb :thumb :D :D :D :thumb :thumb

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0G2epowABE[/youtube]

:help What an I doing wrong ? can someone help please? I can't get the video to embed!

:headbang It's done it now! :crazy

Awning set arrived yesterday just managed to unpack them. First impressions look great
Lightweight and very strong well stitched can't wait to try the them out at Easter. Thanks for a great speedy service :thumb oh yes and thanks nick its nice to know if I have a problem you will
Sort it for me. Thanks again. Good luck
Scoobyx

Hi all!

We are off (Me and my Wife & 8 month old boy) on a trip up from Granada in Southern Spain to Schmallenburg, near Cologne at the weekend and plan to give ourselves about two weeks to drive up meet some family and drive back down. We've got the Cali-Topper stowed but the wife said...let's leave the awning panels....haha...to which I replied, 'you can bet if we don't take the panels, we'll be in a perfect situation to use them'....so they are of course stowed easily in the tailgate :D I really hope we get a chance to use them as I want to take some great photos to show what a great and simple idea they are....and to make folk jealous of course! :lol: :lol:

If anyone knows of great Camping or great Campervan places, please feel free to let me know. We always seem to find a nice quite square or a lovely beach layby, but it's good to know if folk on here have found great spots.

Cheers again for the great service guys! :thanks :cool

Awning side panels look to be a great product. Any news of the side panel with zipped door that had been mentioned in an earlier post?

Yes mate they are all available give nick a ring. Number is 01246 825873. Speak to nick
He will be able to help you :thumb

Hi everyone, the single panels should be going on to the website any time now :D
In the mean-time if anyone wants to order one direct just drop me a call or a PM.
:thanks

Hi
We took our decision.
We would like a Cali Topper without windows.
Could you tell me the shipping cost to Italy (Venice)?

Ciao e grazie :thanks

Hi Argo & Liebe,

The approx postage is £27 - if you drop me and email over to comfortzpets@aol.com with you full address details I'll get and actaul quote for you :thumb

Nick

Nick
The CaliTopper arrived yesterday and I have just opened the parcel.

Thanks, everything is perfect.

Saturday I'll give it a try.

Excellent service!!

Great Stuff! I'm glad it arrived okay!

You'll have to post us some pictures with that great Italian scenery :thumb :mrgreen:

:thanks for the purchase

Cheers Nick

Cali-Topper said:
Roofless topper will be available next week :thumb

of course! why didn't I think of that. :cool: :thumb
Hi Nick
Am I right in thinking this is designed to get around the roof bars problem ?
I should imagine it will be easier to fit.
But it will need to support itself - how ?
Also, will it keep the rising heat from inside escaping ? probably not as well as a roof covered one ?
Could it be used in conjunction with the wraparound insulating 'Pucer' (i think it's called) or similar product ?
I'm still very interested. Would like answers to my queries please and any pictures yet ?
Final question how much with windows and without ?
Cheers Eric

Hi Eric,

I’m still working on the final couple of details but I can answer some of your questions I hope! :thumb

Yes it is specifically designed with the roof bars in mind, and no it will not hold the heat in as well as the normal Cali-Topper but it will still offer a lot of protection from the elements particularly the wind and rain – protecting the bellows!

Hopefully it will also fold down a little smaller than the normal Cali-Topper too.

In terms of fitting - It will have extra attachments that anchor the roof of the Cali via the roof rail channel (if this is the correct name for it) In practice it is as easy if not easier to fit than the standard Cali-Topper.

Pictures and Price to follow shortly.

Nick