Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Have lost my Cali!!!!!!!

Unusual for the Germans to lose something.......it's normally the other way around ......they claim it........

Boom Boom......!

Rich Corrado said:
I have now been told the reason it was delayed was because they noticed it was missing a fly screen!
Apparently the vehicle is made in the same factory as any other T5 but then it gets transferred to another location called the “California-hall”.
Mine left the California Hall and was logged as “in transport to the docks” but when it arrived at the docks the realised it was missing a fly screen.
Rather than getting it retro fitted in the UK, VW decided to send it back to the main factory where it sat doing nothing for a few weeks and then it was sent back to the California Hall.
All of this sounds a bit ridiculous as it has added 3 weeks onto my delivery date and gave me sleepless nights wondering what had happened to my Cali.
Whether its true or not, I can’t comment but at least it’s on its way now.
VW are looking into some sort of compensation due to the inconvenience and lack of communication.
I Find it hard to believe this from VW. Common sense dictates that post construction checks occur at the factory not the docks! This makes no sense. Secondly, ship the vehicle, and post the screens! That does make sense. A German spinning a yarn??? Name isn't Rumpelstiltskin is it?

Nothing makes any sense with regards to the ridiculous excuses VW have given me!
I have been disgusted with the level of service I have received.
It has been one mistake after another and a handful of false promises.
The only saving grace is the fact that every time they cock up I get more money off!
If you lot could see all the emails that have been sent to and from VW you would be amazed.
I am currently dealing with the salesman, sales manager, dealer principle, area manager and VW customer services. Every one of them gives me conflicting information and makes it look like they haven’t got a clue what’s going on.
If it wasn’t for the fact that I have wanted a Cali for years I would have cancelled the order.
So far they have succeeded in taking all of the enjoyment out of this purchase but I am being positive and looking forward to all the fun my family can have with this Cali.

it will be funny if it arrives and it is white :laugh2

I got a call today from the dealership saying my Cali is being delivered to them tomorrow.

They have some extras to put on it so I should be able to pick it up next week! :bananadance :bananadance

I don't think a dealer or manufacturer could get it more wrong if they tried.

My Cali finally arrived at the dealership on Friday last week so they invited me in to have a look even though it hadn't been prepped or had any of my extras put on yet.

At first I declined the offer and said I didn't want to see it until it was all sorted.

Then my excitement got the better of me so I decided to go and have a little look.

:shocked :shocked :shocked

Guess what, it's damaged!

It has a very obvious pin dent on the tailgate just above the California badge and a scuff/dent on the rear bumper.

Now considering vw couldn't have cocked this delivery up anymore if they had tried and the fact it was lost for two weeks and now has arrived nearly a month late, damaged!

I can't believe they didn't check the Cali over first before calling me in to view it. :doh

That sounds like one sing dealership, I remember buying my first Elise from Christopher Neils in Northwich and I coudln't have been more excited, brand new car they just left around the back covered in dust and dirt, were too busy trying to impress a 2nd hand boxter onto someone else, never bought a new car since.

Back