Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New california on order,HOW LONG

Dubbzy

Dubbzy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
:help
Hi all from Newcastle upon tyne, I ordered my new California ocean, 204 manual box with extras the first week in Feb 2016 and was told I could expect to get it in August.I received a phone call yesterday saying that it wont come until December because of problems at the factory.is anyone having the same problems or is it just my dealer.
Many thanks, RAY.

"...problems at the factory..."
Not quite sure what that means but I am about to take delivery of my Cali and have had an uneventful wait.
Ordered in late August ('16), was informed that delivery would be about March ('17) time. Informed of both unconfirmed and confirmed date of build by my dealer. Neither of these dates moved and my Cali was built week 4 and is due for delivery next week. All without drama (other than the wait) so no indications of a factory problem.

So, "problems"? Could be dealer out of allocation, some option choice you made is in short supply (could be alloys, colour for example).:(

Might be worth quizzing the dealer for more information because if it is an option issue you might be prepared to remove in order to try and bring your build forward - worth a try I would say. :thumb
Good luck :thumb

Edit: Sorry forgot to :welcome you.

Hi all from Newcastle upon tyne, I ordered my new California ocean, 204 manual box with extras the first week in Feb 2016 and was told I could expect to get it in August.I received a phone call yesterday saying that it wont come until December because of problems at the factory.is anyone having the same problems or is it just my dealer.
Many thanks, RAY.

Feb 2016? (Welcome...)

Many thanks, RAY.
So VW/Dealership expect you to wait 22 months for delivery after initially quoting 6 months?
When the August delivery date passed you made no enquiries and 6 months later are told you have to wait another 10 months?
This is extremely fishy! I cannot believe this is due to VW more likely a cock-up at the Dealership.
If you have any documentation then I would phone VW Customer Services, ASAP.

Feb 16 gota bea typo or has a T7 been ordered.

Many thanks, RAY.

Did you order it from Benfield/Lookers in Wallsend? We ordered ours from there at the very end of May 2016 and it arrived pretty much bang on the expected time (picked her up from the showroom end of October 2016. Husband had quietly expected it to take at least six months tho'. Long story short, I would be very surprised if it was dealer-led delay as I haven't heard of anyone else who has been on the forum to complain about such a thing from Lookers Newcastle.

I think someone else posted here very recently to complain about a communication regarding a massive delay like yours - factory issues again apparently.

I do hope that your van appears much sooner than this worst case scenario.

AS LONG AS IT TAKES....?

Welcome btw:D
If this all is thru , they sure fooled you imo.

I have a manual Ocean on order via Benfield ordered in October supposed to be built next week.
I received a call from the dealership this week stating that there is a problem with the manual box and the 204 4 motion they offered a down grade of the engine to 150 psi or a free upgrade to a DSG box.
Took the DSG box option but the dealer was unsure what effect this would have any effect on the build slot.

Welcome Dubbzy. We ordered Cali on 19 October 2016 and were given a provisional build of Week 11, this then moved to Week 10. We're still waiting for a confirmed build date, but our dealer has said that several of the vans they've ordered haven't gone to confirmed until the week before. Fingers crossed all will go to plan and we'll arrange collection early May.

So VW/Dealership expect you to wait 22 months for delivery after initially quoting 6 months?
When the August delivery date passed you made no enquiries and 6 months later are told you have to wait another 10 months?
This is extremely fishy! I cannot believe this is due to VW more likely a cock-up at the Dealership.
If you have any documentation then I would phone VW Customer Services, ASAP.
More probable that the OP had a minor brain fart and typed 2016 instead of 2017.

More probable that the OP had a minor brain fart and typed 2016 instead of 2017.
We may never know. Easy excuse " problems at factory " instead of " I didn't register the order in time and now your order is back of the que ".
Maybe the OP will come back and elucidate and then someone can advise.

Many thanks, RAY.
The 204 manual option has been removed from the configurator. Manual box issue with the 204?

Welcome Dubbzy. We ordered Cali on 19 October 2016 and were given a provisional build of Week 11, this then moved to Week 10. We're still waiting for a confirmed build date, but our dealer has said that several of the vans they've ordered haven't gone to confirmed until the week before. Fingers crossed all will go to plan and we'll arrange collection early May.
Just had our confirmed build week 11 confirmed and read your post thought it might help.. Our build was 3 then slipped 4,5,6,8,10 and now 11. I have been very annoyed although not the dealers fault due to the increase in TAX. Interestingly the dealer had an email saying not to worry they will get the Cali to them before the end of March - we will wait and see. He said today they have build week 6 vans arriving this week (week 7). Just a thought it you apply a little bit of pressure you might be able to just miss the increase in tax - fingers crossed....

Just had our confirmed build week 11 confirmed and read your post thought it might help.. Our build was 3 then slipped 4,5,6,8,10 and now 11. I have been very annoyed although not the dealers fault due to the increase in TAX. Interestingly the dealer had an email saying not to worry they will get the Cali to them before the end of March - we will wait and see. He said today they have build week 6 vans arriving this week (week 7). Just a thought it you apply a little bit of pressure you might be able to just miss the increase in tax - fingers crossed....
My week 4 build has not yet arrived with the dealer. It arrived in a UK port (probably Grimsby) on 14 February.

My week 4 build has not yet arrived with the dealer. It arrived in a UK port (probably Grimsby) on 14 February.
From what I have read and discussed with the dealer the fact that your Cali has arrived into the UK means you can register it if you want. But I guess in your case you will be able to have a look at it first well before end of March which is better.

I think I am clutching at straws getting it registered before end of March - I have asked for a copy of the email from VW saying it would be there...

Mine also week 4 build - arrived yesterday at dealer, picking up Monday lunch time.
Don't forget @smudge07 the dealer can register the vehicle as soon as he has the VIN and the vehicle is on UK soil. So in theory he can register as soon as it is driven off the boat.

Blimey - this is going to be a long weekend for you.
Yes, but not as long as those waiting until March 1st for pick up for the new 17 reg knowing their Cali is at the dealers and has been since Friday! Can't remember who it was but they said they would have 12 sleepless nights!
btw, yours must have arrived by now.....?

The 204 manual option has been removed from the configurator. Manual box issue with the 204?
Could just be part of VW's Product line efficiency shakeup. They were reported to have too many variations of models causing a drain on production costs/profits.

Someone out there might know the percentage breakdown between 204ps manuals and DSG's across the Transporter or California range previously ordered.

Just found out this week cannot get 204 manual now, ordered last August and told arriving late Feb, now given free upgrade to DSG but really not happy as now due April/May and the tax hike as well as a gearbox I didn't want. Cancelled yesterday and bought a secondhand Kombi.
Will keep an eye out for secondhand Ocean later in the year, good luck everyone!

Just found out this week cannot get 204 manual now, ordered last August and told arriving late Feb, now given free upgrade to DSG but really not happy as now due April/May and the tax hike as well as a gearbox I didn't want. Cancelled yesterday and bought a secondhand Kombi.
Will keep an eye out for secondhand Ocean later in the year, good luck everyone!
That's a shame. Free DSG could be a bonus to some but we all have our preferences. Good luck with the Kombi and search for the T6.

Mike

I have a manual 204, should I be concerned?

Yes, but not as long as those waiting until March 1st for pick up for the new 17 reg knowing their Cali is at the dealers and has been since Friday! Can't remember who it was but they said they would have 12 sleepless nights!
btw, yours must have arrived by now.....?
It has been a long 296 days so far, 11 more days to go. The closer it gets, the slower time appears to move.

Back