Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NEW California Surf

In my opinion I am pleased to have subjected matter experts on the platform, I have found the information interesting and useful. I have had questions regarding California issues which Tom has been more than happy to answer for me.

Defo a full on quick build and deliver parts bin model then. Given what is missing, the only benefit of this is speed of delivery - the cost difference IMHO is not worth the loss of features and choice.

I'm also not a fan of the silver awnings of the wood look interiors (personal op), so had this cropped up when I was looking I'd have been well out.
I’m glad we ordered an Ocean. Could this be an end of the line T6.1 to use up parts do you think? Seems very odd not to have a reverse camera yet to still get an electric pop top.

For me a reversing camera is a must, also fogs are handy and improve the look, would have preferred these over an electric roof if I was thinking of a surf. Looks like a parts bin special.

For me a reversing camera is a must, also fogs are handy and improve the look, would have preferred these over an electric roof if I was thinking of a surf. Looks like a parts bin special.
Agree.
Strange decision not to have the Rear Cam at least as an option and Front fogs are essential to the appearance! Looks like a base model without them.

This reminds me of when VW UK released the Beach Edition. The price list had several available cost options, but you couldn’t buy the Edition without them! Why didn’t they include them as standard but with an increased list price? Some decisions just don’t appear to make any sense.

Or increase the price differential and remove the electric poptop. Maybe they don"t want to increase the spares stock of hydraulic pumps for when owners suffer the dreaded lopsided droop.

I just specced the 4motion Ocean on Dtd
£72k...

Or increase the price differential and remove the electric poptop. Maybe they don"t want to increase the spares stock of hydraulic pumps for when owners suffer the dreaded lopsided droop.
Or maybe VW think along with a majority of buyers that an electric roof is better.

I bet the other option is the 150bhp Ocean.

Agree, might end up a cheap Ocean for some though. Positives are the LED lights, parking heater etc Wrap the awning in black or body colour and retro fit fogs @soulstyledevon
I agree, especially if you were planning on a aftermarket wheel change.

Most of the essentials, LEDs, Parking Heater, 3 Zone Climate and Heated Seats are included and should now be under 60k with similar discount to DtD.

Agree, might end up a cheap Ocean for some though. Positives are the LED lights, parking heater etc Wrap the awning in black or body colour and retro fit fogs @soulstyledevon

That's actually not a bad idea.
I didn't do a lot of mods to the last van, but i will with this one.
Lithium upgrade and upgraded inverter, no solar this time. Coil-overs for style and some nice 17 inch wheels with semi chunky tires. Not forgetting to sort the ugly front end...

I agree, especially if you were planning on a aftermarket wheel change.

Most of the essentials, LEDs, Parking Heater, 3 Zone Climate and Heated Seats are included and should now be under 60k with similar discount to DtD.
I've just had a nosey on DTD. Looks like the awning is extra, as is privacy glass and ACC. You could always buy your own black awning afterwards in that case but the price difference is getting smaller.

Consideration.
Looking at pricing, it must be the 150 engine. Could I put up with that after owning a 204…

Consideration.
Looking at pricing, it must be the 150 engine. Could I put up with that after owning a 204…
After having 150 Beach’s, I did initially love the extra hp of my current 204 4motion Kombi but on a day to day basis, I don’t think I’d notice going back to a 150hp for 90% of the time

Maybe @hls28 would be open to swapping their black one for the Surf's silver. Would look much better on their 2 tone.

Both base vehicles 150 in Ascot Grey:

Surf £59,400
Ocean £63,600

Ocean has Awning / Rear Cam / Fogs / 17” Alloys / Privacy / ACC / Digital Dash / Park Assist / Side Assist and Nav for additional £4200.

That’s also assuming the Surf has panoramic bellows and extra drivers side sliding window.

I also wonder if the Surf gets the Ocean’s A pillar blinds or the Beaches Curtain!

I’ve only recently just been tempted with an Ocean as my eldest of 3 children is now 17 and we spend more time just as a family of 4. Hence the interest in the Surf.

The problem is when I spec the Ocean, I also have to add the Metallic, Chrome Pack, Comfort Mattress, Extra Rail and 18” Teresina’s!

I’ve only recently just been tempted with an Ocean as my eldest of 3 children is now 17 and we spend more time just as a family of 4. Hence the interest in the Surf.

The problem is when I spec the Ocean, I also have to add the Metallic, Chrome Pack, Comfort Mattress, Extra Rail and 18” Teresina’s!
My Ocean spec is £66,200.

If I could of got my Ocean spec but without the Sat Nav, Side Assist, Park Assist and Digital Dash for under £64,000, I’d be placing an order.

Back