Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California T6.1 Stops production 1st June!

Off topic - but seeking VW expertise @Tomdbreeze (or anyone else for that matter), before collecting my 6.1 next week, was the upstairs mattress a different size in the 5.1?

I know the downstairs one was.

From the Calicap website
"The crowning glory of comfort for the Volkswagen T5 T6 California with and-unroof is our Calibed Roof IV.

Fits the T5 California T5.1, T5.2 and T6.0. Does not fit in the T6.1"

Does that mean something new available from the 1st to replace it?
Traditionally factory summer shut down and new model line setup for late summer production start.
Won't be as simple as stop one model on a Friday with new model the following Monday.

Any news on when Grands will start coming through on the updated Crafter Tom? Seems the summer might be a good time for anyone with a T6.1 to look at that switch if they‘ve been toying with it.

Last edited:
Any news on when Grands will start coming through on the updated Crafter Tom? Seems the summer might be a good time for anyone with a T6.1 to look at that switch if they‘ve been toying with it.
I don’t personally think you will see any until after the summer maybe longer.

I was thinking this morning that in the next few weeks it would be last orders, I wonder what the most popular spec is right now?

Off topic - but seeking VW expertise @Tomdbreeze (or anyone else for that matter), before collecting my 6.1 next week, was the upstairs mattress a different size in the 5.1?

I know the downstairs one was.
@JuanVecino2023

VW mattress was a two piece one in a t5.1 Single piece in a T6.1, overall dimensions were the same.

Interesting I wonder why Calicap says their mattress won’t fit the 6.1
Because the is a lump in the bed baseunder the T5.1 mattress, the small infill piece fits one side of it & the main mattress fits the other side . On the T6.1 there is a completely different bed base & its flat right the way through.

See below for a pic of the T5.1 you can see the join at the foot end.

If you want a topper to go over the VW mattress its irrelevent, if you want to replace the vw mattress it is important.

T5.1.jpeg

Because the is a lump in the bed baseunder the T5.1 mattress, the small infill piece fits one side of it & the main mattress fits the other side . On the T6.1 there is a completely different bed base & its flat right the way through.

See below for a pic of the T5.1 you can see the join at the foot end.

If you want a topper to go over the VW mattress its irrelevent, if you want to replace the vw mattress it is important.

View attachment 119665
Latter is what I’m after

Back