Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New camper van by Hyundai looks sweet

Explain why. Is it the price? Is it the 5 year standard warranty? Is it the reliability? Is it that it’s not Volkswagen???
It’s all been said before in the 60s when the Japanese started to make motorbikes. Total rubbish everyone said. Yeah right.....
Over 2m in height, no table/chairs, doesn't have a cooker, interior looks too shiny/not robust etc etc etc
I'm not wedded to brands, I just state it would appear it is inferior in many ways to a California and was interested why @orbital would buy one, recognising each to their own and that Hyundai have their place of course

The fact that they mention the fridge and sink, but not the cooker is very suspicious that there isn’t one, but a nice pull out table in the boot for a camping stove.

Over 2m in height, no table/chairs, doesn't have a cooker, interior looks too shiny/not robust etc etc etc
I'm not wedded to brands, I just state it would appear it is inferior in many ways to a California and was interested why @orbital would buy one, recognising each to their own and that Hyundai have their place of course
I don’t think Hyundai meant it to be a clone of the California. And there’s some things I don’t like about it. The Brown seats for one. But there’s no cooker in the Beach which is extremely basic, but some people like that. Much less to go wrong. The shiny interior is similar to the Marco Polo which as a Camper van will scratch easily.
The amount of uses we have had out of our California cooker have been very limited and in 7 years we have used one and a half bottles of gas. Mainly used for making a cupper by the roadside.
If they did ever import them into the UK and the prices were £15 -£20k cheaper than the California they would sell really well ...

A face only a mother could love. Its not the camper version more akin to a Beach but you get a good idea of the potential.

A face only a mother could love
I actually really how it looks like and I wish California looked like this. But then I do have a sweet spot for esoteric, weird-looking cars that most call “ugly”. I find them so much more interesting than the bland mass-market stuff.

Can't understand some of the negative reactions, imo there are some clever features that even the VW doesn't have. No table nor chairs??? I see them inside and outside, table under the backdoor, nice... Just above 2m? So what's the problem up to 2m10 like many parking lots are. With my pop top I couldn't risk 2m limits with 3 bikes on the back. An I think the leather and all the shiny bits are just for showing off the idea (don't like them either, as I didn't like them on the Kepler Six). Anyway, I don't expect it to come to EU soon, and certainly not for that price...

Can't understand some of the negative reactions, imo there are some clever features that even the VW doesn't have. No table nor chairs??? I see them inside and outside, table under the backdoor, nice... Just above 2m? So what's the problem up to 2m10 like many parking lots are. With my pop top I couldn't risk 2m limits with 3 bikes on the back. An I think the leather and all the shiny bits are just for showing off the idea (don't like them either, as I didn't like them on the Kepler Six). Anyway, I don't expect it to come to EU soon, and certainly not for that price...
Prices will always reflect the targeted market so I wouldn’t expect if they did come to Europe they would be anywhere like the price in Korea. If you ever see prices in the USA they seem to compare $1 for £1 even though the exchange rate currently is £1.27 and has been in the recent past up to $2 for £1. The US market is massive.
The Koreans would price it in Europe to be attractive but not cheap by any means.

Back