Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Coast T6.1 UK Owner

C

CC44853

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi everyone,

Thought I’d share my photo/thoughts of my new Coast, arrived last week.

Initial impressions:
  1. General build quality feel is wayy better than expected
  2. Cruise control is an absolute pleasure!
  3. Driving experience (this is my first van) is excellent
Have managed to withhold most extra purchases, but just ordered Kfoam.es mattress for the downstairs bed.

I also just today picked up some strong magnets to attach the roof safety clasps to the roof, it looks really tidy! Will follow up with a photo soon.

Everything seems to work so far, fingers crossed. Any questions welcome.

AC72C65F-0C56-45F5-B449-FE30A85CE463.jpeg

As it's a Coast it has a manual roof. There are 4 attachments to fix the roof down, 2 folding square parts and 2 buckle style safety things.

When the roof is up, the square parts are out of view but the buckles dangle down into the living space.

Super minor I know! but it bugged me so I got these magnets to stick the buckles to the interior.

Oh I see. I rotate the buckles through 180 degrees and clip them back onto the square catch. Holds them up and out of the way.

Why didn't I think of that!

Nice one.

Are you able to confirm if your Coast came with the power latching to the boot and sliding door?

Thank you for confirming. Seems that the power latching to the side door is only available and standard on the Ocean now.

No mention of it as an option on the latest brochure.

Enjoy your Coast, where you planning on taking it?

Hi everyone,

Initial impressions:
Have managed to withhold most extra purchases, but just ordered Kfoam.es mattress for the downstairs bed.

I also just today picked up some strong magnets to attach the roof safety clasps to the roof, it looks really tidy! Will follow up with a photo soon.

View attachment 69749
Lovely van. Did you spec DCC?

Thank you for confirming. Seems that the power latching to the side door is only available and standard on the Ocean now.

Only small breaks in Wales until the virus abates. Planning plenty of Ireland/scotland and Europe trips next year!

Here's a good vid of the Coast roof straps and safety features in action
xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSu6_9Z7-TA

Remove the 'x' from the URL

Ohh congratulations on your sparkly new Cali Coast :D is it called Coastercola?
Shame about the lack of power latching door, my dealer said the Coast would have it, same as as the Ocean !

No name as yet, but I’m sure one will be bestowed in time.

Yeah dealerships can be pretty clueless with things like this, but to be fair to them Californias have thousands of features, that VW seem to be constantly tweaking (a good thing!) so understandably hard to keep track of!

Hi there - I order a Beach in June (in Spain, for Gibraltar) and the power latching on the side door was an option (which I ticked). Should be getting it next week now.

I got a Coast here in Ireland and it has power latching on the the tailgate and sliding door
Maybe its an extra

Can anyone please tell me is power latching on the sliding door the same as soft close.

Hi everyone,

Initial impressions:

View attachment 69749
I have just ordered a Coast. I opted for panoramic window in bellows,comfort mattress,rev camera and privacy glass. I am a little concerned now though that the sliding door is going to be noisy when I close it. Is that the case on yours. I know that if you open a window they close easier but is it possible to shut the sliding door quietly without power latching. Happy travels in your new van. Good choice by the way.

I am a little concerned now though that the sliding door is going to be noisy when I close it. Is that the case on yours.

This compares all 3, don't think there's a great deal to worry about. Not like it's an option on the UK Coast anyway, so nothing we can do about it...

The sliding door is noisy, but aren’t all VW doors? I think once everything is settled in I should be able to close it quieter. Haven’t needed to yet tho as most sites we’re visiting are empty ;)

The sliding door is noisy, but aren’t all VW doors? I think once everything is settled in I should be able to close it quieter. Haven’t needed to yet tho as most sites we’re visiting are empty ;)
Haha...true enough. I’m not really that fussed because I camp off grid quite a bit. I used to have a 2010 SE and that had an electric door which I hated. It also power latched and that was quite noisy. It sounded like it was about to die every time it pulled the door to. Is it possible to close the door on the first ident (ie not fully closed but shut if you get my drift) and then lock the van with your central locking. I could on the SE. That was quite useful because I could lock the van if I left it for a short period without tany electrical groaning noises.

Back