Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cutlery Arrived For My Ocean On Order - Just WOW

Bumble The Van

Bumble The Van

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Have to be honest and say while waiting for new van to arrive ive been on a serious shopping spree and one of the things i ordered 2 months ago has just arrived, and its simply amazing (then again it blooming should be for the price!)

Is it possibly to be in love with a cutlery set? yes.

Aircraft grade aluminium cutlery , super light and magnetic so when it cutlery drawer they wont rattle, something thats always happened in my old T5 and also other motorhomes i have owned. Practical ? yes in fact they are , worth it? probably not but you know sometimes you get something and you marvel at the engineering that has gone into them and they are truly gorgeous, just like the chap said on here that i saw and spiked my interest , whoever that was i now see what you mean , a work of art , thank you for showing them.....

Magware cutlery, 5 x knife fork and spook comes in the kit with lovely bag, and here is the rather bad bit............. 104 quid! but that was spent 2 months ago now so its a distant memory lol , just dont tell my wife or i am a gonner :) :)

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

I think the Regatta or Vango cutlery rolls are more in line with my budget. ;):thumb

Have to be honest and say while waiting for new van to arrive ive been on a serious shopping spree and one of the things i ordered 2 months ago has just arrived, and its simply amazing (then again it blooming should be for the price!)

Aircraft grade aluminium cutlery , super light and magnetic so when it cutlery drawer they wont rattle, something thats always happened in my old T5 and also other motorhomes i have owned. Practical ? yes in fact they are , worth it? probably not but you know sometimes you get something and you marvel at the engineering that has gone into them and they are truly gorgeous, just like the chap said on here that i saw and spiked my interest , whoever that was i now see what you mean , a work of art , thank you for showing them.....

Magware cutlery, 5 x knife fork and spook comes in the kit with lovely bag, and here is the rather bad bit............. 104 quid! but that was spent 2 months ago now so its a distant memory lol , just dont tell my wife or i am a gonner :) :)

View attachment 78973

View attachment 78974

View attachment 78975
You’re welcome. That was me back in March. Glad you love them, so do I, and now the money’s gone I won’t miss it, and have stopped feeling guilty. I paid a little less than that by backing it on Indiegogo a year ago, I think £80 but still...anyway they solve a rattle problem (of course there are cheaper ways) and look and feel great (not easy to beat) so I look forward to enjoying using them for years once my Cali arrives (please!)
(I wonder what Indiegogo is all about though tbh. I thought Indiegogo was about raising cash to back an innovator, similar to Kickstarter and expected Magware to have a website by now and be trying to sell their cutlery for £200! Is Indigogo a bit underhand claiming you’re getting a deal? There always seems to be 2 left...)

Last edited:
Glad you love them. But to be honest I could not get excited over paying that much for a set of cutlery.

View attachment 78973

View attachment 78974

View attachment 78975
Now I know what the safe is for!

Don’t leave them at a campsite wash up area!
We were looking at sharp knives with sheaths at the camping shop yesterday. They had a cheap Outwell set of 3 for £14, or nicer ones for £9-13 per knife ( we wanted three)
My wife then remembered that the reason we were buying new ones was that the others had either been thrown into drains/bushes with washing up water, left at washing areas or mistakenly borrowed by friends. We went for the cheap ones

every now and then in life its worth splashing out on something that exudes quality, its hard earned money that has gone into them and that makes you treasure them all the more :)
Absolutely, what ever makes you happy. Anything with Brandrup in the title costs way more than it should but plenty don’t think twice about splashing out on that. And I guarantee they will get far, far more use than the Hill descent control that I’ve just splashed out £104ish for :eek:. And that doesn’t even look good.
Enjoy them, I think they’re great.

every now and then in life its worth splashing out on something that exudes quality, its hard earned money that has gone into them and that makes you treasure them all the more :)
'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be beautiful or believe to be useful' - William Morris.

Enjoy your new van when it arrives!

Back