Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New EBay Listing

G

Grebetow

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all.

A new auction listing has appeared on EBay -it’s a 2006 in Silver with 114k miles, and looks quite tired; although with a realistic/reflective start price at £18,500. 1 owner; obviously well used and loved!

Of major concern though, is what appears to be severe corrosion around the offside windscreen pillar cover panel and above. The leading edge of the pop top doesn’t look great either, though it’s difficult to see properly.

Is this what happens when the roof corrosion is left unchecked, or is it something else? For you many experts out there, how repairable is this, and at what sort of cost?

Will it make a cheap Cali expensive??

Cheers.

What’s the item number?

That van was £37kish in 2006 - done pretty high miles and has been well used and is still worth £18k now. So still worth almost 50% of its value after 12 years. And to think when they first came out people loved them but though they were expensive!!! That has cost £132 per month.

Might be worth calling them - I am not 100% sure that is corrosion, it appear to also be on the windscreen so might be muck....

Are you sure it's not debris from the tree it's parked under?

That van was advertised on ebay a while ago.

A few people on here commented about the
sliding door looking a different shade.

That van was advertised on ebay a while ago.

A few people on here commented about the
sliding door looking a different shade.
Yes I recognise it. I seem to recall that whoever bought it came on here, or I might be confusing it with another one.

Are you sure it's not debris from the tree it's parked under?
I think it’s off the tree as well.

Definitely had paintwork on the doors as well as possibly a fiamma bike rack (look like small dents at the bottom of the tailgate. Seat also looks a bit threadbare.
You’d have to see it in the flesh as they suggest as it does look pretty used.

Horrible van. I'd keep looking. If he can't even be bothered to clear the crap off the front, remove the fire extinguisher from the now deformed seat pocket, then I dread to think what else will be wrong with it. If I lived local it may be worth a look but it would a very risky unseen purchase.

Last edited:
Back