Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New factory options coming?

A

AndyFromTheBrac

Guest User
I'm still looking around the options to buy new and have found some interesting appearances at drive the deal, with "Bluemotion tech" (stop/start?) models listed for all SE Calis inc DSG (not just the Beach). I asked them about these and they couldn't tell me there & then. Still waiting to hear.

Some are self explanatory, but the two packs I'd be interested to see what's included. Any ideas anyone?

Rain sensor
Camping pack - California
Flashlight
Driver pack - California SE
Wireless Internet

Looks like some of the continental options have become available in the UK. WiFi for £700 seems crazy tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have the vis pack b option which has the rain sensor. I did't want this specifically when I ordered, but as my dealer had an unregistered Cali to sell that matched my requirements with this option, l so I chose to buy rather than wait 6 months for my preference and pay £1500 extra due to a price rise. The sensor is ok, it just seems very quick to work when the are very few spots on the windscreen, and other times when it rains more consistently it is slow to activate with me pre-emptying the sensor.

I cannot see the point of a wifi set up in a Cali though i haven't seen what it can do, for £700 quid it had better be good!

No idea what the camping pack or driver pack contains to comment

The flashlight is cute but I have another torch i keep in the Cali.

AndyFromTheBrac said:
I'm still looking around the options to buy new and have found some interesting appearances at drive the deal, with "Bluemotion tech" (stop/start?) models listed for all SE Calis inc DSG (not just the Beach). I asked them about these and they couldn't tell me there & then. Still waiting to hear.

Some are self explanatory, but the two packs I'd be interested to see what's included. Any ideas anyone?

Rain sensor
Camping pack - California
Flashlight
Driver pack - California SE
Wireless Internet

Looks like some of the continental options have become available in the UK. WiFi for £700 seems crazy tho.

It's only the UK that at the mo treats Bluemotions as stand alone models - in LHD market it's just kit or tech you have on your vehicle. Most engine specs and transmissions can be had with Bluemotion. It's only a matter of time before it becomes the norm in the UK.

Wireless internet has been available in LHD markets for some time, I'd have to question the cost, it depends what it offers but my Mifi unit has never let me down and cost a fraction of the price.

Options will always be limited in the UK because there is no sense in bringing the variety of specs, engines and options to in sales terms, a limited market.

In other markets Camping package has been.

Camping Equipment Packages

Camping GAZ bottle (2.8 kg) initial assembly of the gas cylinder tank in the rear Geschränk

Driver's package would include some of the following as VW classes them as drivers' assists

Cruise control

Park Pilot, audible alarms for obstacles in the front and rear

Park Pilot, audible alarms for obstacles in the front and rear with rear view camera "Rear Assist"

Reversing camera "Rear Assist"

Power steering with safety steering column, adjustable for height and length
Series

Servotronic (speed-sensitive power steering and adjustable in height and length, collapsible steering column)

Lane Change Assist "Side Assist"

Rain sensor slightly odd in the UK with the Vis Pack A and B. Other markets simply get a Light and Sight Package which includes auto lights and wipers.

James

AndyFromTheBrac said:
Thanks for the input James. I've been trying a Huawei mifi device over here & see 3 offer them back home. Is that a similar device to what you're using?

http://store.three.co.uk/view/product/q ... eplan=PAYG

Yes, mine's pay as you go. It's been great, it can get through data usage if you are downloading etc. But when we are away, we only need a bit of internet use.

I think VW like others offered in car wi fi when it appeared like an advanced tech option, tech has moved on though and perhaps now there are devices which can do the job for you. I haven't seen it in action though, I know it was originally offered on the Multivan/Caravelle Business.

With regards to options, there is sometimes a feeling that LHD markets get a host of things we don't and it's true, there's a different dash and a few bits and bobs but it's not that different. The main difference is variety and variation of vehicle specs.

James

I do love the gadgets and new spec's ,but wifi for the price of a kidney ...vw do seem to be out to lunch as per usual ....... :laugh2

Back