Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Forest Camping near a pub

There are two sites near Fordingbridge about 15mins drive north of Ringwood.
Sandy Balls holiday park which is a very organised big site, pub on site & swimming pool etc. Probably quite expensive as your paying for the facilities.
Other more back to nature is Toms Field http://tomsfield.com/ just up the road from Sandy Balls in Godshill. Tents & campervans only, no hookup for you should be ok for a night. There is a pub about half a mile from the site (Fighting Cocks). Or if you fancy a gentle test of the MTB get onto Hampton ridge path and there is the Royal Oak at Fritham. Royal Oak is very small but great on a summers afternoon.

we stayed at Holland's wood near Brockenhurst last week...loved it...not too 'formal' a site ie no shop/no entertainment/no formal pitches, just lots of trees and good clean facilities

there were 3 pubs in Brockenhurst which we saw (5 min bike ride away)...drank in 2 of them (Rose and Crown, and the Snakecatcher) both of which were very good

don't think this is particularly close to Ringwood, but thought I'd mention it

Another +1 for Red Shoot -- been going there (on and off) for 15 years

maui2512 said:
we stayed at Holland's wood near Brockenhurst last week...loved it...not too 'formal' a site ie no shop/no entertainment/no formal pitches, just lots of trees and good clean facilities

there were 3 pubs in Brockenhurst which we saw (5 min bike ride away)...drank in 2 of them (Rose and Crown, and the Snakecatcher) both of which were very good

don't think this is particularly close to Ringwood, but thought I'd mention it

We stayed here too for a wedding nearby - really enjoyed it and a novelty having ponies come up to the van too.

I run a fair bit and found some nice routes through the Forest. I also got rather lost... :oops:

KernowLad said:
I run a fair bit and found some nice routes through the Forest. I also got rather lost... :oops:

Did an 11 miler from Lyndhurst on Monday and its only the breadcrumb map on my Garmin that kept us on course. One of the group decided to pull out early on and take the short way back, she got back after us having got lost, and she has lived on the edge of the Forest all her life :headbang It was a good run though. :thumb

owen_h said:
KernowLad said:

Did an 11 miler from Lyndhurst on Monday and its only the breadcrumb map on my Garmin that kept us on course. One of the group decided to pull out early on and take the short way back, she got back after us having got lost, and she has lived on the edge of the Forest all her life :headbang It was a good run though. :thumb

This was before I got a Garmin! My little 5 miler ended up being about 8! :lol:

We stayed at Red Shoot over Easter - it's right behind the pub of the same name, which has it's own brewery, and the food is pretty decent too.

It's about 10 minutes north of Ringwood off the A338 :thumb

Back