Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Member interested in T6.1 Beach

Apologies, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. If you like cheap plastics it's a great choice.

The previous generation had a better finish. (And didn't look like a dog with a bone in its mouth)
In which case I will be sure to doff my cap to every T6 owner and apologise for sullying their brand with my cheap plastic dog! Grow up and enjoy your evening.

Apologies, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. If you like cheap plastics it's a great choice.

The previous generation had a better finish. (And didn't look like a dog with a bone in its mouth)
Interesting take on it.
I was at Collindale VW 12 months ago and was offered a nearly new T6 Ocean for £64k - drive it away. Or I could order a new T6.1 with DTD fit £64k...but take delivery in (they said) 6 months. We sat in the T6 after looking round the T6.1 and it felt old. I wants to be convinced and have a California there and then, but the improved features of the 6.1 - digital dash, no tambour doors, leisure control panel, upstairs bed, chaise, fuel economy - we just couldn’t convince ourselves. No doubt the ability to spec it and buy my first ever new vehicle was in our minds, but I honestly think it looks better too and despite waiting twelve months for it, don’t regret the decision.
(Recognise a Beach is a different spec and haven’t sat in one...)

I ordered my beach camper in March and it arrived at the end of July. I got vw finance at 2.9% and a dealer beat my drive the deal quote just. I was in the situation of used/new even kombi/camper but went for a new cali beach with lots of options! I also took advantage of the used car prices so came out with a healthy deposit to offset getting carried away!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I ordered my beach camper in March and it arrived at the end of July. I got vw finance at 2.9% and a dealer beat my drive the deal quote just. I was in the situation of used/new even kombi/camper but went for a new cali beach with lots of options! I also took advantage of the used car prices so came out with a healthy deposit to offset getting carried away!

Used car prices/demand have shot up.

This week we sold our 2007 Audi TT for asking price in less than 24hrs to the 1st person who viewed, and had a queue of others waiting to view - never had this before !

Sold for £ 1750 more than WBAC. Would have struggled to get the WBAC price privately last year.

Hi,
New member here from Lancashire, encouraged by the welcome email to post an introduction.
I’ve been following the posts on this site for a number of months and learnt so much from it so thank you all.

I’ve been debating whether to order a new Beach all summer or wait and get one that’s a couple of years old. By the time I’ve added the ‘essential’ for us options it’s easily over £60k even with the online broker discounts. The Coast with same options is a very similar price but we need 5 seats and bigger bed in case a third child arrives.
It will replace my car which is a lease that goes back at Christmas but I could manage without a car till factory order arrives in roughly a years time - not ideal but could make it work.
So options are order now or wait to see if a well specced T6.1 Beach comes up that’s not more expensive than a new one!
It depends on what options you're after. Second hand Beaches do come up for sale although less frequently than Oceans or SEs. However, very few are high spec examples. That's because VW charges way too much for Beach options making them disproportionally expensive compared to the other models. You could wait but it may be some time before you find one that meets your exact requirements. If you can afford it ordering a new one is the only way to gurantee getting exactly what you want.

Used car prices/demand have shot up.

This week we sold our 2007 Audi TT for asking price in less than 24hrs to the 1st person who viewed, and had a queue of others waiting to view - never had this before !

Sold for £ 1750 more than WBAC. Would have struggled to get the WBAC price privately last year.
Yep I had a 2018 Golf R and i traded it in for £3000 less than I paid 3 years and 30k ago. It is now up at the dealer for £500 less than I paid new (pre reg)!

It depends on what options you're after. Second hand Beaches do come up for sale although less frequently than Oceans or SEs.
Looks like Beaches have caught up looking at Autotrader.
Beach = 40
Coast = 5
Ocean/ SE = 40