Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Member, New Ocean

I use Autoglyms Rapid Detailer, followed by their Ceramic Coat. About £20 for each, about 5 applications from a bottle. Since new (7 months) Ive applied it twice, and it has the desired effect. I’ve had ‘professional’ ceramic coatings on past cars, and they haven‘t lasted for more than about 2 years, which is poor value.
I’m wondering this.
How many years will it actually work for.
And what is the come back in 4 years time on a 5 year ceramic, like is there a way of seeing how much caramic is still on the car in 4 years ?
I don’t know the answer to this.
And after being up for 22 hours, not sure if my question makes sense…

I’m wondering this.
How many years will it actually work for.
And what is the come back in 4 years time on a 5 year ceramic, like is there a way of seeing how much caramic is still on the car in 4 years ?
I don’t know the answer to this.
And after being up for 22 hours, not sure if my question makes sense…
I might just have been unlucky, but I’ve had ceramic coatings on new cars (Audi, BMW and the current Volvo), and none of them lasted 4 years, most showed no real effect after about 2 years. A better water repellent effect is obtained by an application of Aqua Wax after washing. Doing half a bonnet gives you a good idea of the difference. The coatings also didn’t protect against bird poo, even 1 day old bird poo.
I tried Autoglyms Ceramic Coat (after rapid detailing clean) on my Volvo, this showed a real difference to the existing coating and even Aqua Wax. Since then I’ve done the same to the Cali, and find it keeps a bit cleaner plus insect debris washes off easily.

Just thought I'd let you know we're picking up our Fortana Red Ocean this Monday 31st Oct 2022 from Eurovans Crawley. Contact Mike Harbison.
I think mine is due around 11th November now. It’s at the port waiting to board a ship !
Exciting times :cheers

We get ours from Mike at Crawley mid December, you will have to let me know how the handover goes.
Hi there
Picked up our Cali Ocean on Monday 31st Oct.
Went by train and Eurovans is literally next to Ifield station.
Mike Harbinson was great to deal with and a real gent - no problems. He's very keen to get a top review on the VW after sales survey.
Handover was sweet as a nut.