Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Member, New Ocean

Welcome to the Cali family. You're about to start a whole new life of fun, and hopefully not to many visits to your local VW dealer.
You need to alter your vehicle from T6 to T6.1 if it's new, and you live in ApacheO! Where's that, in the USA?

Welcome to the Cali family. You're about to start a whole new life of fun, and hopefully not to many visits to your local VW dealer.
You need to alter your vehicle from T6 to T6.1 if it's new, and you live in ApacheO! Where's that, in the USA?
Opps! Where did I mention T6 and Apache0!? Confused!

Hi Everyone
I’ve learnt so much reading the various posts and threads on this site and I’m looking forward to taking delivery of my brand new California Ocean the end of October after a 9 month wait.
Where are you collecting from ?

Mike Harbison
VW van centre Crawley (JCB group)
Might see you there. !
I’m in the West Midlands and will hopefully be at EuroVans collecting from Mike Wool at the end of Oct also

Thanks for that - all changed now.
Might see you there. !
I’m in the West Midlands and will hopefully be at EuroVans collecting from Mike Wool at the end of Oct also
That’s great, I’ll let you know when we get a collection date. Exciting times! Reading thru the threads I will be getting the factory extended warranty but not sure about the paint protection?! Are you having it?

Thanks for that - all changed now.

That’s great, I’ll let you know when we get a collection date. Exciting times! Reading thru the threads I will be getting the factory extended warranty but not sure about the paint protection?! Are you having it?
Yes to factory warranty.
No to lifeshine.
I’ll get my Detailer in West Mids to ceramic coat it

I’m thinking the same, get the alloy wheels done to boot. Been quoted £260 by a detailer in Market Drayton with a great reputation.

I’m thinking the same, get the alloy wheels done to boot. Been quoted £260 by a detailer in Market Drayton with a great reputation.
That’s a very keen price, I’ve been quoted around £500 for a 5 year Gtechniq ceramic.
I use West Midlands car detailing.

Good idea, the lifeshine is a mis-named cash extraction exercise. You’re giving VW enough of your money. But your ceramic quote sounds low. Important to understand the product they use, not many are worth the money, but the 5-year Gtechniq is… I used Azuri and paid £880+vat for ceramic including glass. Really pleased with it - they machine polish before they apply and my Ascot grey van rarely looks dirty and cleans up a treat very easily when it is.
Have a great time in your spanking new California, and welcome to this great forum

Really appreciate the feedback. Quote does seem low which is why I mentioned it.

Is it worth getting the internal protection? Or should I just buy a couple of cans of Scothgard.

I use Autoglyms Rapid Detailer, followed by their Ceramic Coat. About £20 for each, about 5 applications from a bottle. Since new (7 months) Ive applied it twice, and it has the desired effect. I’ve had ‘professional’ ceramic coatings on past cars, and they haven‘t lasted for more than about 2 years, which is poor value.