Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Member with Cali choice problem

T

Tom3310

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I am having a mid life Cali choosing problem. I have a chance of a fully loaded ex-demo Beach with a great discount but only floor is the front seats are height adjustable and hence; they cannot swivel!

Been looking on the other forums about changing the front seats or ordering new ones to replace. How easy would this be to get them fitted with factory ones?? Also can't find where I could order from?
Any help would be grateful!!

I am having a mid life Cali choosing problem. I have a chance of a fully loaded ex-demo Beach with a great discount but only floor is the front seats are height adjustable and hence; they cannot swivel!

Been looking on the other forums about changing the front seats or ordering new ones to replace. How easy would this be to get them fitted with factory ones?? Also can't find where I could order from?
Any help would be grateful!!
VW - expensive.
After market swivels from Kirvans.
Kernow Transporters and get seat covers to match. http://www.kernowtransporters.co.uk/

For me it would depend on how dab a hand you are with the spanners.

If you're going to get someone else to do the work then I can't see it panning out financially (but that does depend on the scale of your discount) due to the new price of the seats and the substantial amount of labour.

That said, if you don't mind having exactly the right seats then ebay has a pretty wide variety and there are swivel aftermarket bases available.

Buy it... if the dealer sorts the swivel seats.

So; had reply from dealer. It would cost between £3-4K +vat to change the seats. That is crazy!!!

So; had reply from dealer. It would cost between £3-4K +vat to change the seats. That is crazy!!!

Thought that might be the case. I'd probably budget for £2k to do the job if I was doing the work myself and sourcing the seats from eBay.

Thats not crazy , just the price for original spare parts and VW labour in hours:confused:

Get some TUV approved swivel plates from a van conversion company. We had two fitted to a 2010 T5 Kombi with comfort seats and it cost us £600 inc vat fitted in 2012.

screw them on the Beach first for ordering it without swivels :thumb

Get some TUV approved swivel plates from a van conversion company. We had two fitted to a 2010 T5 Kombi with comfort seats and it cost us £600 inc vat fitted in 2012.
Hi Snowy. I am worried that the seat will have play (from what I have read on here) and not be solid!? Can anyone recommend fitters then??