Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean T6.1

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
My new Ocean T6.1 is on its way at the end of February - I hope !!. I have never owned one before but have loved camping all over Europe. It is a ridiculous price but had a cancer diagnosis 3 months ago so thought s*d it, I might as well spend it now and enjoy myself, always dreamed of owning a California !!! I've put a post on the spec thread about lowering springs and alloys - any advice gratefully accepted. Likewise any general tips, advice about owning a Cali. Many thanks

My new Ocean T6.1 is on its way at the end of February - I hope !!. I have never owned one before but have loved camping all over Europe. It is a ridiculous price but had a cancer diagnosis 3 months ago so thought s*d it, I might as well spend it now and enjoy myself, always dreamed of owning a California !!! I've put a post on the spec thread about lowering springs and alloys - any advice gratefully accepted. Likewise any general tips, advice about owning a Cali. Many thanks
Great and welcome. Wishing you lots of fun in it. we are same, first timers to calis and camping too...at 60 .. if not now, then WHEN? haha. When is the build week for yours? we have been given a tentative week 8 which should be confirmed very soon. There is endless info on here though, so useful and likely answers to all your questions.

So your probably going to be sat in it come the end of February,j
ump in and just enjoy your already a long term camper by the sounds of it but this time it’s doing it in a more luxurious way!!
Breathe fresh air look at the sea enjoy!!!
Good look and hope the future brings good times :thumb

Great and welcome. Wishing you lots of fun in it. we are same, first timers to calis and camping too...at 60 .. if not now, then WHEN? haha. When is the build week for yours? we have been given a tentative week 8 which should be confirmed very soon. There is endless info on here though, so useful and likely answers to all your questions.
Welcome too. Hope you enjoy you new Cali. We are the same first timers to a Cali & camping as well, mid 60's. Sadly the costs don't stop at buying the vehicle hahaha we have spent a small fortune on equipment Awning etc but we are not doing anything by halves.

Wow!
New California OTR price at Citygate today is £81,494 !!
They have a new (ex demo) Grand California on the forecourt at £82,500 but have reduced it to £79,900
(Think they said 90 miles on the clock)
Maybe that says something?

IMG_0088.jpeg

View attachment IMG_0084.jpeg

I really don’t know @Corradobrit but a Grand Cali for the price of an Ocean might suggest that?

To be fair my Sep ordered brand new California is specced up to c £80k but I've only paid £72k for it with the massive discounts VW are chucking at them presently