Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New owner California Ocean

Kieranrob

Kieranrob

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, I have had my van just over 6 months and we finally managed to get our first camping trip a few weeks ago

Really in love with this van it’s so great to drive and we can’t wait to get out again. I am looking at a few cosmetic changes and am planning on putting winter tires on the OEM wheels and buying some bigger aftermarket wheels for the Spring. I am also looking at adding a front splitter and changing the head lights to LED day time running lights. The standard headlights are very poor considering the cost of the van

Has anyone fitted the aftermarket headlights from the likes of Veedub transporters or can anyone recommend a good aftermarket alternative to OEM? I would buy OEM but the 3k price tag puts me off

Here’s some photos from our first trip

aa9da5c0a983d9626d0e7259cffbea12.jpg

c663ce213139984b2233bb3bc2125d4c.jpg

7a2eae41b34cf0cfb7c840fb2d8707d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome,
Make sure you're parked up when it gets dark, then you won't need to do an expensive change on the headlamps. Yes I know, we all like to do little personal changes to make our Cali a litle bit special.
Have fun.

The dealer I purchased mine from said that he said the standard headlamps were so poor he only ever specs LED ones and does not know how the standard ones even get certified. The LED VW option are very good, but expensive.

Welcome :)

I went LEDs purely because I heard how bad the OEM Halogens were.

The aftermarket ones are decent from what i'm led to believe. But that said, the OEM ones are a beast. Seriously - I might as well be driving during the day.

It's worth doing a cost-comparison. The cost of change might be relatively reduced when you look at the difference betwen OEM and aftermarket, especially when you consider that aftermarket will make some look at the cali with 'modified' eyes, rather than OEM LEDs.

Thank you for all the replies :)

Yes the OEM halogens are really bad! you would be better off with some candles lol!!

It will be the first thing I change on the van as I will be driving the van at night and it's constantly dark up here in Scotland come winter. I might see if I can find some second hand OEM headlights on ebay

But for just now I am planning my second trip away in a few weeks :)

Back