Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Shelf

O

OLIVER DEASY

VIP Member
Added a new shelf between the cutlery drawer and the Thetfords 335. Position the shelf 105mm below the cutlery drawer. Oliver20200913_shelf.jpg

Looks good. I like your idea to make it easy to reach for the bog roll and the wine whilst seated.

The newer vans - T6 onwards come with the holes predrilled to raise the shelf to that position.
I bought a spare draw & have always intended trying to fit it in that position to give 2 draws plus the 335 storage even if I have to raise the top draw a bit. Haven't got round to it yet only been 4 years since i bought the extra draw.

My Cali is a T5, so no holes predrilled. I just bonded 4 pieces of wood under the shelf with TEC7.

Just tried to move the shelf in my Ocean 6.1 to the top level above the. portapotti. Having a problem fitting it, there’s what looks like a small wiring junction box on the back wall which obstructs the shelf. Has anyone managed to fit it somehow or do I need to make a cutout in the shelf?

Just tried to move the shelf in my Ocean 6.1 to the top level above the. portapotti. Having a problem fitting it, there’s what looks like a small wiring junction box on the back wall which obstructs the shelf. Has anyone managed to fit it somehow or do I need to make a cutout in the shelf?
Did mine last week & didn't have any problem other than it was pain to get the shelf into position past the brackets. Would have been easier to put the brackets in one side, rest the shelf on those, support shelf with one hand, put final 2 brackets in drop shelf down onto those two.

Did mine last week & didn't have any problem other than it was pain to get the shelf into position past the brackets. Would have been easier to put the brackets in one side, rest the shelf on those, support shelf with one hand, put final 2 brackets in drop shelf down onto those two.
I guess they must have fitted the cable higher or lower in yours - I’m definitely going to have to modify the shelf to get it low enough to fit into the rear clip.

I guess they must have fitted the cable higher or lower in yours - I’m definitely going to have to modify the shelf to get it low enough to fit into the rear clip.
I'll take a photo later - can you take one of yours to compare?

sorry for the poor photo, here's mine.

The black rectangle is only a cable clip stuck onto the side wall with a bit of double sided tape, you should be able to peel it off & move it up. I certainly wouldn't be thinking of cutting anything.IMG_0127 2.jpeg