Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Stereo

Diver Simon

Diver Simon

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
OK, so got some money burning a hole in my pocket and looking to change Stereo in my 2015 SE. What's the current recommendation for replacement with Android Auto & DAB. Sat Nav less important as can use app.

I wouldn't waste your money. Carplay is very over rated, and unless you get one that does it over WiFi, you'll need to plug your phone in every journey, which you won't.
If you've got Bluetooth, I'd stick where you are and go blow £900 on something more fun (like nearly 6000 miles worth of fuel).
Just buy a £4 dash vent phone holder, and stream whatever radio you can't get on fm.

I wouldn't waste your money. Carplay is very over rated, and unless you get one that does it over WiFi, you'll need to plug your phone in every journey, which you won't.
If you've got Bluetooth, I'd stick where you are and go blow £900 on something more fun (like nearly 6000 miles worth of fuel).
Just buy a £4 dash vent phone holder, and stream whatever radio you can't get on fm.

We use one of these, as we never use the CD player; and use Waze on the phone for UK Satnav:

D053479C-CFE9-4F4A-8071-62BD67494504.png

OK, so got some money burning a hole in my pocket and looking to change Stereo in my 2015 SE. What's the current recommendation for replacement with Android Auto & DAB. Sat Nav less important as can use app.
Always had alpine theres a good choice out there I choose alpine because it works well with the vw system,sensors camera ect also .
Clarion pioneer all decent stuff try to stick to high end models.

i use my phone too, but set it up with a really quality Brodit proclip and Brodit holder than charges my phone, hard wired in. It's connected to my simple bluetooth radio, (but connects automatically by blue tooth when i switch on the ignition) ands means i can use waze, google assistant, spotify etc all on the go. hands free calling works really well too.

i explained how i did it here.

I find CarPlay very convenient (I’m used to plugging in the cable). Having moved from the terrible system in the evoque (I just used it for Bluetooth in the end), carplay is far better.

Contact Absolut5. They are the experts and very helpful. In fact they are a Forum member @Absolut5 and can supply a Plug&Play DIY kit if you wish.

The best £4 I spent. My phone battery all day so I just drop it in this £4 device clipped solidly onto the air vent next to the stereo.
Screenshot_20200303_223050_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

+1 recommendation for Absolut5.

I bought my pioneer unit from him when I upgraded my system in the T5.1. He got it all wired up for me prior to sending it out. Arrived the next day and I fitted it in a couple or so hours (mainly due to my cautiousness, it is really only an hours job or so).

There are certainly a lot of other things I could have got with the cash spent, but for me it was worth it. Maybe give Absolut5 a call and discuss the options...he’s very honest and tells it like it is. No hard sell at all.

Hi

CarPlay is hugely popular and works well, and more so with some head units having wireless CarPlay

We can help you with a plug and play solution

Hi

CarPlay is hugely popular and works well, and more so with some head units having wireless CarPlay

We can help you with a plug and play solution

Hi Absolute5 - I am too looking for some help in upgrading the entertainment system in my "08 Cali. How c an I get hold of you and discuss the options ?

Les

Hi Absolute5 - I am too looking for some help in upgrading the entertainment system in my "08 Cali. How c an I get hold of you and discuss the options ?

Les
@Absolut5 (I tagged him for you). If he sees this, refer to post 15.
The website is linked in post 9.

Back