Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Bluetooth stereo?

R

Richk

Hi

My Cali is late 2012 and has the standard stereo/cd installed. Think its the rns310. I've had various issues with my dennison iPod dock (glove box) the main one being it won't Play the iPod throught stereo when parked up. This has been covered in previous threads.
Anyway, I'm consequently thinking of replacing the head unit for a Bluetooth one so I can use iPhone/iPad to play music Bluetooth. I'm not interested in sat nav(cost) but not adverse to it Playing DVDs through stereo.

Has anyone experience of a suitable replacement head unit that will work with iPhone/iPad for Bluetooth playback and if possible is compatible with multi function steering wheel. the kenwood dnx 521 seems to fit the bill but is a bit pricey and i dont reslly need sat nav.

Thanks in advance.

I have the DNX521 DAB which is OK, but as you point out a bit pricey... and maybe a bit clunky too!

If choosing again, I think I would take a chance with the Parrot Asteroid Smart as I have always had a really good experience with the Parrot items I've owned previously.

Typically iPhone/iPod functionality is high, updates come along regularly, voice dialing is great and A2DP Bluetooth for audio streaming is flawless!!

http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/aster ... roid-smart

I can definitely recommend the Sony mex4000bt, I've had one in my car for a year now and it has worked flawlessly, plus I think it is quite cheap at 125 quid currently. Audio is good if you don't bother with any of the audio "effects" presets and just keep it plain, plus plenty powerful.

Bluetooth works well with my iphone, ipad and a google nexus 4 for music and calls where appropriate.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007 ... UTF8&psc=1

Doh!

Sorry, didn't realise you wanted double din, your lack of need for sat nav through me a bit.

With any vw stereo you can add an external vw bluetooth kit. If you get a recent on it will support A2dp, which will mean you can stream audio.

It is possible to diy, running the microphone is a bit of a faff. But there are plenty of places that will do it for you.

T

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Back