Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I’m similar to you. Also ordered an ocean from Listers through AutoEBid on 7th June. Initially had a build week of 4 for ages. That moved around a bit and was told today it’s status 10 and now a provisional build week of 19

I was also hopeful for the Bank Holiday weekend back when I ordered which seems like forever ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are your dealers getting status updates on progress? whenever I talk to Liverpool they just tell me the last word they had was the order update list from around October or november that gave me a provisional build date of early Feb (That was for June order). When ever I talk to them they suggest there is no other way to find the actual status at the moment. If it is true That Early June orders are week 20 build then I am not sure some are going to get caught with the price increase, build to delivery in 6 weeks seems tight.

Seen a few comments recently about the price increase. Having been caught by this before it's key to read your new vehicle order form, which is the same for all of us and a VW form (not dealer). The below paragraph is the key area. Remember in UK law a price is an invitation to buy, so that price can change at any time before you hand over the money, even in Marks & Sparks. If they put the wrong price on something it does not mean they have to sell it for that. In the case of the contract we signed it's clear in para 7 that the price can go up before we pickup the cars. The key point is the 21 days. If they do inform you and you're not happy you can cancel and get your deposit back. If they do and you don't respond you are bound to pay the new price (or walk away and lose deposit). Generally a lose lose for us. 1643106011419.png

Seen a few comments recently about the price increase. Having been caught by this before it's key to read your new vehicle order form, which is the same for all of us and a VW form (not dealer). The below paragraph is the key area. Remember in UK law a price is an invitation to buy, so that price can change at any time before you hand over the money, even in Marks & Sparks. If they put the wrong price on something it does not mean they have to sell it for that. In the case of the contract we signed it's clear in para 7 that the price can go up before we pickup the cars. The key point is the 21 days. If they do inform you and you're not happy you can cancel and get your deposit back. If they do and you don't respond you are bound to pay the new price (or walk away and lose deposit). Generally a lose lose for us. View attachment 88520
Seen a few comments recently about the price increase. Having been caught by this before it's key to read your new vehicle order form, which is the same for all of us and a VW form (not dealer). The below paragraph is the key area. Remember in UK law a price is an invitation to buy, so that price can change at any time before you hand over the money, even in Marks & Sparks. If they put the wrong price on something it does not mean they have to sell it for that. In the case of the contract we signed it's clear in para 7 that the price can go up before we pickup the cars. The key point is the 21 days. If they do inform you and you're not happy you can cancel and get your deposit back. If they do and you don't respond you are bound to pay the new price (or walk away and lose deposit). Generally a lose lose for us. View attachment 88520
I ordered with Eurovans via DtD. The terms are different to yours and has no reference to price changes.

501DB1BE-1507-4790-A0D8-ADC05A6C9334.jpeg

However, whatever the terms and conditions say, I’m sure our pricing will go up if delivery is after June

However, whatever the terms and conditions say, I’m sure our pricing will go up if delivery is after June
They can actually change the price at any time, as per the conditions. Our dealer said they won't if they can register the car before end June (not necessarily deliver) and that VW have said they will "endeavour" to deliver all cars in the pipeline before the price rise, but, for sure, any van registered after 28th June will be subject to a price rise, whatever the assurances.

I ordered with Eurovans via DtD. The terms are different to yours and has no reference to price changes.

View attachment 88530
Same place as me - I'd double check - there were quite a few forms from Eurovans - I had to sign in 6 different places and send back. TBF to them it was all very clear as was the paperwork.

Thanks for sharing this. I note your comments that this is a VW form (not dealer), but we’ve not signed anything that looks like this (or the other example further down). The only order form we have signed appears to be specific to the dealer group and is no where near as in depth as the one shown above.

Fingers crossed this won’t be an issue for anyone and they’ll all arrive / be registered / be delivered by the end of June.

Interested to know if customers build dates are coming forward or getting longer in the UK?
Just got an update from Eurovans, ordered an Ocean at end of April 2021, and was told wk 4 build, but this has been delayed to wk5, but is now status 20 (confirmed build date).
Expected delivery end of March 2021, but salesman says vans are arriving at all sorts of times, even sooner than expected.
David.

Just got an update from Eurovans, ordered an Ocean at end of April 2021, and was told wk 4 build, but this has been delayed to wk5, but is now status 20 (confirmed build date).
Expected delivery end of March 2021, but salesman says vans are arriving at all sorts of times, even sooner than expected.
David.
Great news. A sign of light for us all.

Iv heard VW Californias are now being built before the quoted build week. Also the VW system doesn’t seem to be very accurate . Vehicles are arriving sooner than the system predicts . I ordered in June & dealer said to expect it by the end of April if not sooner. Let’s hope so, we need some more pictures of the new ones coming through :)

Week 18 seems good for an order in August, is it an Ocean? Guessing you didn't add any of the options that slow stuff down like a tow bar?
I was pleasantly surprised by the build date…. But also under no illusions that a) that’s likely to change and b) the dealer could have told us anything knowing it was likely to change :D

Spec wise yes it’s an Ocean with no tow bar. Not sure what else slows the orders down (apologies but the thought of reading 227 pages of delays has not yet proved appealing). Van is 204PS in Candy White. Here’s the actual spec list:

F6DEC195-DE56-46DE-97FC-D0FCAF1643AC.jpeg

I was pleasantly surprised by the build date…. But also under no illusions that a) that’s likely to change and b) the dealer could have told us anything knowing it was likely to change :D

Spec wise yes it’s an Ocean with no tow bar. Not sure what else slows the orders down (apologies but the thought of reading 227 pages of delays has not yet proved appealing). Van is 204PS in Candy White. Here’s the actual spec list:

View attachment 88541
I was told but our dealer last week that delays are currently caused by the tow bar and electric sliding door.

Tow bar seems to be perennial delay causer - I added one to my spec after order having weighed up the different bike carrier options in more detail and will probably pay for it with a delay now :D

Speaking to a mate who runs a car leasing business he said generally anything with more complex electrics is being delayed. He's been told by a few dealers it's down to reduced production in some of the Chinese factories because of their Government's "zero Covid" policy meaning they are randomly locking down whole areas.

Friday it was still showing the golf sketche but since Saturday morning I’m seeing pictures of a California I think/hope that means it’s ready for transport and I could have it by Xmas
Coming back to this old message @pluc99. Same situation here! Yesterday I had the golf image and today a Cali one. How was your delivery process after that? Anyone else same experience? So excited today!

Captura de pantalla 2022-01-31 a las 11.43.00.png

I’ve been told both by a dealer in Norfolk and Drive the Deal that the waiting time is 12months for an Ocean.

How does that align with what others are being told currently?

Thanks for that.

In fairness, although the wait will no doubt kill me (I’m very impatient), it works out nicely with the X5 I’ll be pxing.

Coming back to this old message @pluc99. Same situation here! Yesterday I had the golf image and today a Cali one. How was your delivery process after that? Anyone else same experience? So excited today!

View attachment 88719
I had the sketch on 13.11.21 and took delivery not quite 3 weeks later on 2.12.21. By that reckoning you could have your Cali by 18.02.22 fingers crossed. You're in the home stretch :cheers.

I had the sketch on 13.11.21 and took delivery not quite 3 weeks later on 2.12.21. By that reckoning you could have your Cali by 18.02.22 fingers crossed. You're in the home stretch :cheers.
awesome! How long in advance did the dealer contacted you to set pick up date? We have a small trip in Feb and I am scared they will schedule it that week!

awesome! How long in advance did the dealer contacted you to set pick up date? We have a small trip in Feb and I am scared they will schedule it that week!
I received the invoice/payment details by post on Nov 27 and on the same day an email suggesting I could reserve a pickup time anytime after Dec 2nd at 13:30.

Back