Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I agree. What a totally unacceptable situation. Shows how one issue with the tow bar has led to others like a domino effect which frustratingly are totally out of your control. Must feel like the Gods are against you!! not clear if you have got it by now or soon to get it. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I really feel for you subthree
Your situation is rubbish
But at least u saved a grand or so ;)
Cheers mate, appreciated.

I wasted another 2 hours of my life today trying to get some sense from VW UK and the dealer. Basically we will give you your £60k vehicle when we get round to finding which field it is in. It has now been at status 30 (between factory and port) for 4 months. Completely unacceptable. No one wants to help or will do anything proactive - be warned everyone, VW really are not bothered.

If it was just A N Other vehicle I would have gone elsewhere months ago.

One plus is that even had the vehicle arrived back in March you would only be camping on your drive for the next six months anyway.

VW should just say it like it is. However I think at the moment It would be exciting for arrival day, then your frustrations would probably be worse having paid for the car that you cannot use.

Sadly it’s just how things are right now. Try to keep the glass half full, it will be worth the wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since ordering SusiBus T6.1 last November, we have never received any build status notification. Having said that, when we were at the dealership the week before lock down, having the sliding door seal replaced on SusiBus T6, a salesman checked for her location. I was suprised to be informed, not even realising she was born, that she had been on a boat trip, and was in Felixstowe. I expect she's been having fun, taking in that corrosive sea air with lots of panel van friends while her leasure batteries go flat.
Am I worried ?
No, there are a lot bigger issues at the moment. Yes it's slightly annoying not being informed what's going on, but after all, l can't go anywhere in her.

I do get a response from Live Chat, if you give them the order number they will give you the status number. Does anyone know exactly what the status numbers are and what they mean ?

Can you advise which site you’re on for the live chat? My build week was supposed to be 20, but I was advised by Liverpool VW that it was pushed back to 29. Be nice to check the current status.
Cheers!

Just been on live chat and they have said this about mine...

So your vehicle is at status 20 which means it's got a confirmed build week and is actually currently being built this week so it should be completed in Factory by the end of this week.

Yep, I think Live Chat is the best way to get an update - ridiculous that we can seem to get more information from a quick Live Chat than most of the dealers seem to be able to.

Just contacted Live Chat, good news they say our T6.1 is being built this week, but could take over 4-8 weeks to get it to us, so don't think we will be going away in it for our summer holiday in August :(

Don't forget that a Cali takes two weeks to build.

So, according to the live chat, my week 20 build schedule (reached and breached) has been accepted by the factory but no build week yet. :headbang

Todays live chat update...

I'm pleased to let you know that your California was completed on Tuesday and is now heading from the factory in Hannover, to the port of exit in Emden.

It'll be at status 30 until it's loaded onto a ship, then it'll move the status 38. We're expecting lead times of about 15 days at the moment to be loaded onto a ship.

Todays live chat update...

I'm pleased to let you know that your California was completed on Tuesday and is now heading from the factory in Hannover, to the port of exit in Emden.

It'll be at status 30 until it's loaded onto a ship, then it'll move the status 38. We're expecting lead times of about 15 days at the moment to be loaded onto a ship.
Game on! Be interesting to see how quickly it ships! It’s giving me hope my build won’t slip too much

Please do not believe anything someone from VWCC tell you, including Live Chat - see my (long) rant under the thread - 'VW to Start Shipping from Monday 25th May'

Well they are saying something different from Tuesday when it was status 20 and in build so all I can do is keep asking and see if they backtrack on information. I haven’t pushed them just asked for update via chat so I don’t see why they would lie but like you said it could be pure incompetence!

Well they are saying something different from Tuesday when it was status 20 and in build so all I can do is keep asking and see if they backtrack on information. I haven’t pushed them just asked for update via chat so I don’t see why they would lie but like you said it could be pure incompetence!
I can only tell you they have constantly given me false (optimistic of course) updates - perhaps I've been unlucky........

No thankyou for the heads up, I have hardly had a great experience so far to be honest, I have bought vehicles for a 10th of the price of the cali and received much better service

Yep, it seems they know they have a unique product and can therefore treat you like sh*t !! What a way to run a company. I wonder if anyone here actually works for VW (not a dealership) would probably be too ashamed to admit it.....

Yep, it seems they know they have a unique product and can therefore treat you like sh*t !! What a way to run a company. I wonder if anyone here actually works for VW (not a dealership) would probably be too ashamed to admit it.....
Nail on the head. Unique product. They are a shambles.

Well according to Live Chat (and in all fairness my dealer confirmed same later today) my week 13 build was completed in Hannover yesterday (after @oliver100 ’s week 14 grrr) and is in transit to Emden. To be honest I’m just glad to hear the bloody thing actually exists (although I’ll wait to touch it before truly believing).

I went through much of the same frustrations in early 2018 awaiting an e-Golf order that took 8 months to deliver while VW sorted their WLTP reclassification obligations. I try reassuring myself that the end product is worth the inconvenience (e-Golf definitely was).

Well according to Live Chat (and in all fairness my dealer confirmed same later today) my week 13 build was completed in Hannover yesterday (after @oliver100 ’s week 14 grrr) and is in transit to Emden. To be honest I’m just glad to hear the bloody thing actually exists (although I’ll wait to touch it before truly believing).

I went through much of the same frustrations in early 2018 awaiting an e-Golf order that took 8 months to deliver while VW sorted their WLTP reclassification obligations. I try reassuring myself that the end product is worth the inconvenience (e-Golf definitely was).

Mines white... maybe the white ones don’t take as much work!

Some good news, excellent.

Have they given you an idea of when you might actually get the vehicle?

@subthree No there was no indication of actual delivery - guess there are several imponderables such as wait at Emden, backlog to clear Grimsby/Sheerness, transportation to dealer, and finally the latter’s ability to do PDI. As I’ve made no plans involving summer travels to be honest I’m not too bothered - as long as it comes eventually.

@oliver100 mines grey...so maybe even less work involved if they deliver it primed but not finished!

Back